Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys !!! I'm glad to be in this forum ! I know that I will found a ton of info in this forum!!!
Also If I'm not wrong I believe that café racers were the sport bikes of the past and I just love them ! I love the style of them ! Have you guys seen the street triple cafe racer ?!!! That's my future bike ! ( if all goes right and shiny ) =_=!
I'm 18 years old with the desire of riding a bike, feel the wind , the push of the throttle , and with that feeling in the chest every time you talk about it ....its in my blood :) ....what can I do ? ..

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Take the msf, get your license, buy some motorcycling literature (proficient motorcycling, sport riding techniques,twist of the wrist, etc.)

Once you're sure motorcycling is hobby you want to pursue, go out and buy a full set of gear (helmet, jacket, gauntlet gloves, riding pants, and full boots) and start looking on craigslist for one of the beginner bikes outlined in the new rider sticky

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the msf, get your license, buy some motorcycling literature (proficient motorcycling, sport riding techniques,twist of the wrist, etc.)

Once you're sure motorcycling is hobby you want to pursue, go out and buy a full set of gear (helmet, jacket, gauntlet gloves, riding pants, and full boots) and start looking on craigslist for one of the beginner bikes outlined in the new rider sticky
Thanks for the advice !!! :agreeI i will for sure take the MSF COURSE , and I have previously ridden motorcycles before but as the passenger and I really like it !!!
My steep dad currently rides a Honda shadow phantom 750 and we take a ride every 3 days a week so I'm kind of used to the riding feel . but one thing is being in the passenger seat than to drive it ! That's a whole new story !! :) thanks for the reply !! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want t do something then just go and join the riding class.Where you will be trained and get all the safety tips. Which to be remembered while doing stunt or riding the bike.
---------------------------------------------

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Dunno if I'd call the Triumph Street Triple a cafe racer, I'd say it's more of a naked supersport (or as Triumph themselves call it, a Roadster). If you like Triumph & want a good example of a modern cafe racer, then you lookin at the Thruxton. THAT'S a nice little modern cafe racer. GREAT little bike (and a good beginner bike, too, if you've got long legs... kind of a high seat height).

I'll echo what's said above... the MSF Beginner Rider course is an outstanding way to start building a solid riding foundation. In fact, I like it so much that I became an MSF RiderCoach.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah, the Street Triple isn't really what you would call a café racer but the Thruxton is 100% (and one of the coolest looking bikes out there IMO). The only other brand new café racer that I can think of is the Moto Guzzi V7.

The Street Triple falls into the naked standard category and are terrific bikes! Along with Ducati's Monster, and various others......then there's the b***** "streetfighters" like the Triumph Speed Triple, Ducati 848 Streetfighter, etc.

All very cool bikes in my opinion! :dblthumb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts