Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gustav isn't even due until Tuesday and already the affects suck here in Central La.

Lines at the pump are out to the roads, all the bottled water and batteries are gone and generator sales are jumping. Oh yeah, gas prices jumped .10 today.

Just remembering how bad Rita sucked when we were out of power for 6 days and it was 100+ heat with no A/C. Don't know how the cave men did it

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luckily we have a better Governor now and he said if the hurricane reaches cat 3 that it's a mandatory evac for most southern parishes

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
luckily we have a better Governor now and he said if the hurricane reaches cat 3 that it's a mandatory evac for most southern parishes
Even so you know as well as I do that even with a mandatory evac most won't and then they will complain because they got hit. I know it sucks and I hope it doesn't hit like they are saying it might.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
that's what the national guard is for, to make yo ass leave
Yeah telling them to get the F out last time worked so well....

Same boat over here in Houston... We are having to shut down and back up servers all day tomorrow due to the possibility of it hitting while we are out for the holidays.

Second time in the last couple weeks... it sucks!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Gustav isn't even due until Tuesday and already the affects suck here in Central La.

Lines at the pump are out to the roads, all the bottled water and batteries are gone and generator sales are jumping. Oh yeah, gas prices jumped .10 today.

Just remembering how bad Rita sucked when we were out of power for 6 days and it was 100+ heat with no A/C. Don't know how the cave men did it
When it comes to preparing for the storms, it's better to have the stuff and not need it than need the stuff and not have it. It paid off for us in 2004 in Florida. Our power was off for almost 2 weeks after Charlie, but we were covered as far as gas and food were concerned. It was damn hot and we ate a lot of pop-tarts and spagetti-o's, but we made it.( I sure got tired of spagetthi-o's :))

Good luck and keep your head down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts