Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There might be a good chance that my bike might have to be outside during the hurricane today. It would probably be in a hallway under stairs. Anyways, my question is centerstand or side stand? The one thing that scares me the most are the tornadoes spawned from a storm like this. I am in Birmingham, Alabama.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Aburke27 said:
There might be a good chance that my bike might have to be outside during the hurricane today. It would probably be in a hallway under stairs. Anyways, my question is centerstand or side stand? The one thing that scares me the most are the tornadoes spawned from a storm like this. I am in Birmingham, Alabama.
Center stand and tie it against a wall. Get it tight against wall with cushioning pressed tight in between.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
segue00 said:
Center stand and tie it against a wall. Get it tight against wall with cushioning pressed tight in between.
Not sure if i can tie it down. :dunno

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you going to try to ride out the storm? ...........Sorry, couldn't resist. Bring it inside for the worst part of the storm (friends, neighbors, storage shed etc) This may be a dumb idea, but could you lay it down on an old mattress or sofa or similiar and cover it up? That way it can' t be knocked or blown over. Good luck! If it was me I would be stressing, fortunately mine is in the garage. Hope Dennis leaves you and your bike alone!

·
Registered
153 Posts
CheapBastard said:
Bring it inside for the worst part of the storm

Hope Dennis leaves you and your bike alone!
That's what I did. Had to to fit the cars in the garage. So it's sitting right next to me. Be safe and stay inside!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually i was able to get it in my warehouse at my work.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Got my fingers crossed for all of you. Seems like good ideas. Do you have any tie-downs you could use to stabilize it?

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
This is off topic, but do you by chance go to UAB. I am a class of '03 alumni.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EEfz6 said:
This is off topic, but do you by chance go to UAB. I am a class of '03 alumni.
I did for a little while. Loved it, i just dont have the money for college right now.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
You could try renting mini storage for a week :D

Find a friend with a garage and ask if they can spare a little room.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
killernoodle said:
You could try renting mini storage for a week :D

Find a friend with a garage and ask if they can spare a little room.
Yeah, little late for Dennis, but for the next one surely you can find a friend with a garage. I had three extra bikes in my garage this weekend for when Dennis passed through.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dennis went well for us in central Alabama. My bike was safe and sound in a warehouse. It was supposed to hit us a lot harder, but it died out quicker than expected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts