Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting a CF front fender for Christmas, I set out to get a CF hugger to match.

I searched and search but it appears that Pyramid no longer makes a CF hugger for the ZZR. I saw it listed on a couple websites but whenever I ordered, I was told it was backordered and when I questioned further, I was told the part was discontinued. Furthermore, Revs Performance is no longer in business from what I can tell.

I ended up getting a Skidmarx hugger but I have a question... what is a good amount of clearance to have between the hugger and the tire?

The Skidmarx setup uses a bracket that goes underneath the brake line guides, then everything bolts back together. There's no rubbing but on the brake side it seems too close for comfort... maybe 3/8". Whereas on the chain side, it's maybe 3/4. I wondering if I need to make a new mounting bracket so the spacing is better...

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
I fabricated the right side bracket out of 1/2'' aluminum flat stock and riveted the cross bar with one rivet. The steel bracket that came with the hugger was too heavy. The aluminum bracket has held up very well.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
After getting a CF front fender for Christmas, I set out to get a CF hugger to match.

I searched and search but it appears that Pyramid no longer makes a CF hugger for the ZZR. I saw it listed on a couple websites but whenever I ordered, I was told it was backordered and when I questioned further, I was told the part was discontinued. Furthermore, Revs Performance is no longer in business from what I can tell.

I ended up getting a Skidmarx hugger but I have a question... what is a good amount of clearance to have between the hugger and the tire?

The Skidmarx setup uses a bracket that goes underneath the brake line guides, then everything bolts back together. There's no rubbing but on the brake side it seems too close for comfort... maybe 3/8". Whereas on the chain side, it's maybe 3/4. I wondering if I need to make a new mounting bracket so the spacing is better...
Did you try these guys? Bet you didn't...... KaPow!!!! its a gold mine of parts that will all fit the ZZR600. I've had that link saved for ever in my favorites. I have the Pyramid Carbon Fiber Hugger it bolts up to the OEM holes and brake line guide hole with no spacers or issues. And yes you are correct Revs Performance did go out of business as far as I know. That's to bad, that guy was really nice to me.

New Page 1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try these guys? Bet you didn't...... KaPow!!!! its a gold mine of parts that will all fit the ZZR600. I've had that link saved for ever in my favorites. I have the Pyramid Carbon Fiber Hugger it bolts up to the OEM holes and brake line guide hole with no spacers or issues. And yes you are correct Revs Performance did go out of business as far as I know. That's to bad, that guy was really nice to me.

New Page 1
Funny thing about that... The site i ordered from, titebike.com, actually ordered the hugger from the street fighter site you bookmarked. I was all confused when UPS delivered a box that had a street fighter label on it. Wish I would have known that upfront b/c I would have cut out the middle man. Although I have to say the customer service woman I dealt with at titebike was super nice and very responsive.

I'm not sure if it was b/c there was a middle man or what but they initially sent me a hugger for an early 90s ZZR which obviously didn't fit. This despite me telling titebike that my '06 ZZR was the same as an 00-02 ZX-6R. I suspect titebike wasn't the problem though, because the guy from the street fighter shop tried to tell me I didn't have an '06 ZZR. It took a couple weeks to get resolved but I eventually got the hugger exchanged for the correct one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts