Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blackmail Victim Revenge
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'08 zzr600 for 3500. 10K+ miles on it. 3.7% 36 mo financing. blue like my baby -08 zzr totaled looks mint with a aftermkt exhaust.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
You buying it? Guess the 650R isn't enough for you and you miss the ZZR?????

·
Blackmail Victim Revenge
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thinking about it

You buying it? Guess the 650R isn't enough for you and you miss the ZZR?????
I do miss it! I guess the bike I mentioned sold immediately before I could move on it.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I would not finance a used bike, unless it was incredibly rare. The cash deal on that bike was likely better than the posted amount, and you have to consider that if you paid 36 months payment you are paying more than that amount. I'd save the cash and do some shopping for a good deal.

Problem with financing anything used (short of a house, obviously) is that they are still depreciating and you could find yourself owing more than the bike is worth. In a total situation, the insurance may not pay even what you owe.

10k miles on an 08 is not a lot. I have 3 bikes, and spread the miles across the 3, and my 07 still has 32k on it.

In low mileage situations, looks for signs of neglect. If it sat with gas in it and was not ridden, there may well be money to spend to get the bike back 100%. Also look for crash damage that may or may not have been fixed 100% - bar/lever end, mirror, or fairing rash. Also check footpegs and the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts