Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading out Alabama then Georgia next week, to ride those wonderful mountain roads you guys have up there. I'll likely stay overnight, ride the twisties all day... then...? (Still undecided, maybe TN?). So what kind of weather can I expect, other than hot? Are the nights cold (under 60* factoring in wind chill)? Should I even bother taking longjohns? My Info-Map tells me I'll be heading out on 129 then 19, and hitting Clermont, Cleveland, and possibly Blairsville, and maybe other areas as well.

I normally ride with a perforated jacket, leather gloves, and jeans. Should be OK, no?

Also, how foggy does it get out in the mountains? My friend said not to even bother getting on the road till after 8 AM so the fog will have cleared up. Is this true?

TIA

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
It's raining cats and dogs and storms with hail the size of softballs are expected for the next 3 weeks. :fiddy :banana

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just got back from deals gap today, it was great didnt rain at all, best time to ride is in the morning cause it gets damn hot around 1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its just damn hot. Im in Dahlonega which is north georgia ,weather is not bad but hot as hell. Like being on 17th st causeway and US-1 stuck at a red light, with the bridge up and no wind or breeze hot. So I wouldnt worry about bringing warm clothes. Besides that its nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im in Dahlonega also. It's been @ 94 in the day, and 73 at night. 15 day forecast shows the same pretty much, with the occasional afternoon shower, but only a 30-40% chance.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys.. that sounds a lot like Miami, so I should be OK. I'm planning to pack as light as possible so it's good to know I can leave the warm stuff behind (I'll have some t-shirts and my rain jacket with me anyway; used that combo in a pinch before).

BTW, if anyone wants to go riding early in the week out in the mountains, let me know... I should be there Monday or Tuesday (or Wednesday? lol). I'll have a better idea of the day once the weekend approaches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts