Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
Odd. I can't tell whether you're mocking me...
i do not think you were being mocked, texas world is just around the corner from you. keep an eye to see when the races are going to happen there.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
How many Aggies do we have here?
Not too many. There used to be more, but there's not much in the way of organized riding in BCS anymore.....or I work too much.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill_ag said:
Not too many. There used to be more, but there's not much in the way of organized riding in BCS anymore.....or I work too much.
For real. I looked around on the web for any kind of organization in the area, but there's nothing. Well, actually there was one, but it hadn't been updated in several years. It did list some cool routes to ride around here, so that was nice.

The "mocking" joke had to do with the fact that I'd trade the track for some folks to ride with on a regular basis. Never been a fan of watching when I could be doing. (And don't say do a trackday, I've barely started riding.) Maybe I just need to convince my friends to get bikes. They're such cowards, though. :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
For real. I looked around on the web for any kind of organization in the area, but there's nothing. Well, actually there was one, but it hadn't been updated in several years. It did list some cool routes to ride around here, so that was nice.
Riders around here used to be more experienced and more responsible than they are now. You never used to see helmetless riders in BCS and now they are everywhere. A few of the old riders are still around, but it's not like before-- plus the squid have made the cops hate all of us.
Chin up-- you'll find some people to ride with. Beginning of the semester is the best time to meet good people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thursday is bike night at Sonic on Texas towards Rock Praire Road. People start showing up around 9. Hell man we ride every weekend around BCS. Semester is back in and more bikes are around. As for the cops we never have any problems what so ever with them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my friend lives down there and rides all over the place with no gear on my old blue/black f3. at least he just cruises around and doens't ride stupid, but...

·
Registered
14 Posts
JJJJACK,
Man I gave you the wrong Sonic. The one on Harvey road is the one everyone meets at. I live in Houston at the moment and have not had a chance to make it up there yet. However, a bunch off us do ride every weekend all over CS. We are always looking for new faces. Pm and we can get together and introduce you to the crew.
Sorry for the bad info.

Not an Agg yet but will be next semester.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Class of 00

I always remember seeing the guys at Sonic....I've heard they were pretty cool

The only problem I see in CS is a major lack of people wearing gear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Howdy

Class of '02...

No bike yet, but not sure I'd have wanted one down in CS. Too many people running red lights/terrible traffic. I guess Dallas isn't that much better for that matter.
Do those guys still meet on Thursday nights at the sonic off of Harvey? I saw it kind of thinning out the longer I was down there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i live in b/cs and ride all the time. Bike night is pretty cool on thursdays. i do see alot of people with gear and without. As for the cops they dont really bother us. If anybody wants to go riding in b/cs, just e-mail me at [email protected]
Ride safe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts