Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just riding my bike around and it came to me that i have no idea how you warm up the outside of your tyres if you wanna knee drag or something. any 1 know or is this a silly question. Because in my head if i lean that far over i'm just going to low side because they are cold????? Plz help

·
Registered
149 Posts
The entire tire warms up as you ride, not just the tread in contact with the road. You can do a weave to warm the tire up a little quicker when it's cold, but a short run at M road speeds will do nicely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Heat dissipates to the whole tire; there is no insulation between central and outer part... Forgive me being mean, but if you ask this kind of question, leaning is not for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heat dissipates to the whole tire; there is no insulation between central and outer part... Forgive me being mean, but if you ask this kind of question, leaning is not for you.
OK sorry i shouldn't be leaning a bike ill keep note to slow down and turn the handle bars to turn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nothing wrong with asking questions brother but if you are that new to a motorcycle or especially a sport bike I would suggest a safety course at a minimum. Learn proper riding position, slow speed maneuvers, proper clutch/brake/throttle control, and get some seat time before trying to scrub the edges of a tire, riding wheelies, or dragging knee. All will come in time with comfort level and confidence with and on the bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts