Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to the site and been riding for 5 yrs and looking to buy my 3rd bike... going to check a bike that's been laid down @ 35mph and wanted to know how can i prepare for spotting a bent frame? In this month's motorcyclist magazine, they said measure the front axle to the rear and compare the left side measurements to the rights and it should be identical. I dont like that bc I tried a dry run on my current bike and it's easy to have it wrong since the front tire is hard to get 'truly' straight while measuring. Any tips? It will be a 2005 R6.
Also, feel free to chime in on anything else you feel was useful in your search.

·
Banned
911 Posts
I'll chime in this: Why are you posting in the new riders forum if you've been riding for 5 years?

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Jyn....stop being a fuckin jackass....The last few threads I've read you going around running your mouth like your fucking Terry Hulk Hogan...ease up.

I'm going to guess the guy posted in New Rider Forums b/c it's his first post on SBN, he probably didn't know any better. He possibly could have thought New Riders was meant to mean NEW RIDERS TO SBN...
...whatever he thought is whatever he thought. Answer his question or jack your dick and get your rocks off somewhere else...

·
John 18:33-37
4,016 Posts
I'll chime in this: Why are you posting in the new riders forum if you've been riding for 5 years?
He sure does talk a lot of junk for having been here only a few short months . . . .

If you can take the plastics off, look for obvious dents in the frame. You could also measure from fixed points on the frame - maybe the rear axle to the swingarm pivot or one of the engine mount bolts or something.

Heck, the sub-fame is probably gonna be tweaked before the frame gets bent. Run a string from the passenger pegsto a fixed point, noting any additional gap or spaces between the string and frame on both sides.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
I saw the Motorcyclist article also and thought that their explanation didn't prove anything. Hell, if you don't have your rear wheel aligned properly, that screws up your measurement right away.

Without a computrack it can be hard if there are no obvious problems with the frame like dents. I'd be looking for small things: how the gas tank fits to the frame; do the body panels fit properly; with the forks turned straight, do the wheels look fairly close to aligned.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Jyn....stop being a fuckin jackass....The last few threads I've read you going around running your mouth like your fucking Terry Hulk Hogan...ease up.

I'm going to guess the guy posted in New Rider Forums b/c it's his first post on SBN, he probably didn't know any better. He possibly could have thought New Riders was meant to mean NEW RIDERS TO SBN...
...whatever he thought is whatever he thought. Answer his question or jack your dick and get your rocks off somewhere else...
+1

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
I've heard a simple way is to run the bike through a puddle.....when it comes out, the wheels should make one track...if not...well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts