Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this as a response in another thread...but hopefully here it will get more views.

Does anyone know how to download and save flash videos onto a hard drive??

I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
My method is pretty involved, but will work with pretty much anything you want to save.

First, hop over to ftp://ftp.interopsystems.com/Win32/unixutils/ and grab UnxUtils.zip. Easiest way to get those working is to just throw them in your windows directory.

This zip has lots of legacy Unix command-line utilities, ported to Windows. So say you want to save a flash game. First you go to the page where the flash game is and look at the source (Assuming you're looking at a .htm, .html, etc). Basically, figure out where the flash file is. Then open up your dos prompt (Run>cmd for you NT-based people, Run>command for non-NT), and type wget (full path to file here). That'll grab it for you. The same goes for just about anything that you can get to on the 'net.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Eeeeek!! want a "easy" way?

try this.

http://www.browsertools.net/downloads/FlashSavingPlugin.exe

It's a super simple IE plugin that works like a champ! Free too! Also has the option of ripping every flash file from a site you are at, just right click off the flash itself select save flash and chose which one/ones ya want and show it where to store it ... bang it's yours! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
I posted this as a response in another thread...but hopefully here it will get more views.

Does anyone know how to download and save flash videos onto a hard drive??

I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks.
please try some programs for it, it`s easy enough. for example,i use FlashFetcher-it has two versions, and one is for free-so it isn`t obligatory to buy it. you can find it with the help of google.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Eeeeek!! want a "easy" way?

try this.

http://www.browsertools.net/downloads/FlashSavingPlugin.exe

It's a super simple IE plugin that works like a champ! Free too! Also has the option of ripping every flash file from a site you are at, just right click off the flash itself select save flash and chose which one/ones ya want and show it where to store it ... bang it's yours! :D

linky no worky...doesn't show a doanload link on their page either.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
^^^^ didya go here? http://www.keepvid.com/

Look for this part of the page and drag the link to the toolbar.

KeepVid Lite + Bookmarklet launched (26-3-06)

Now faster and easier to use. KeepVid Lite
Bookmarklet: Just drag the link to your links toolbar --> Keep It!
To use the bookmarklet, click the Keep It! button when you find a video you wish to download. Note: bookmarklet does not yet work for iFilm, Putfile, Web62.com, Findvideos and ArtistDirect.
New site added (25-3-06)

Fixed minor problem with Metacafe.

It will make a button on the toolbar you click to save a vid with. Works awesome!! Best its FREE too!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts