Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an old school NES console with 2 controllers, gun and 7 games for $10. When I power it on with the game inserted, the LED flashes and so does my TV. Has anyone ever repaired an NES and if so what did you have to do to fix the problem?

·
Squidly McSquidster
559 Posts
no the brass reader inside the console wears out you have to order a new one of ebay but they don't cost much

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Try a little compressed air in the machine and cartridge. I think I also used a touch of rubbing alcohol applied w/ a Q-tip to the metal contacts on the cartridge. I don't think I've seen one of those in 15 years.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i just bought one last night.
Q-Tips alchohol clean game cartridge real good and also the slot inside its hard to reach.
I have an old one that i have to insert game and wedge a sock on top of cartrige to get it to read.
Usually keep cleaning and wiggling has worked here.
Good luck.

Also i found some places that for a small fee will program the x-box with several thousand old games like
All NES
All SNES
All colecovision
All atari 2600
N64
And a few others for about a hundred bucks.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I still play my Nes sometimes. Just use a q tip trick and keep reseting the game untill it comes on.

·
Registered
750 Posts
When I was younger I would just smack the shit outta the top of it, and blow air inside the console like a mad man. Always did the trick, but these other 'technical' tricks may do better :lol:

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
marlboro r-1 said:
i just bought one last night.
Q-Tips alchohol clean game cartridge real good and also the slot inside its hard to reach.
I have an old one that i have to insert game and wedge a sock on top of cartrige to get it to read.
Usually keep cleaning and wiggling has worked here.
Good luck.

Also i found some places that for a small fee will program the x-box with several thousand old games like
All NES
All SNES
All colecovision
All atari 2600
N64
And a few others for about a hundred bucks.
A 9 volt battery works better than the sock try it it's a perfect fit.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
If the light is flashing with the screen, hit reset a few times quickly.

Hahaa, I love the old nintendos. Those were the days when if you wanted to play some Contra or Blades of Steel you had to EARN it!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
dennisred69 said:
A 9 volt battery works better than the sock try it it's a perfect fit.
No kidding thank s i`ll give it a try.
Old school games kick ass.
I grew up playin this old stuff. :beer

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just tap on the sides of the machine a few times, and it comes on. The alcohol, ad q-tip suggestions are also good. Mike Tyson's Punchout is still one of the best video games ever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts