Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys get the dealer to sweeten up the deal? Like say throw in some armor and a helmet, or slash the price? Any tips would be helpful, dealers just dont seem to take me seriously lol (not that i've been lookin to buy or anything)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Delta said:
dealers just dont seem to take me seriously lol (not that i've been lookin to buy or anything)
:bitchslap Thats why they dont take u seriously. They arent gonna waste time negotiating w/someone if they feel it isnt gonna lead anywhere.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Doing it at the wrong time. It's a seller's market right now. Wait until the cold weather arrives. Spend Saturday talking up the entire deal, come back Sunday two hours until close, sometime near the end of the month, say around Thanksgiving.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I worked the bike for the best price I thought I could get and then asked for 2 helmets with extra shields and 2 jackets at dealer cost. It saved me a good chunk of money on the gear.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Show them cash...lots of it and your in like flynn

·
Registered
110 Posts
mikem317 said:
Doing it at the wrong time. It's a seller's market right now. Wait until the cold weather arrives. Spend Saturday talking up the entire deal, come back Sunday two hours until close, sometime near the end of the month, say around Thanksgiving.

I agree wait until a couple of months before winter, and they will be very eager to move their inventory. You could also offer them a price and if they won't accept that leave your name and phone number and probably within a couple of days you will hear something from them.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Well my friend, you answered your own question. These guys are busy as hell during the spring and summer and can't stand to be jerked around or waste time on someone who isn't serious. When you are ready, step to the plate and they will usually bend somewhere to sweeten the deal. Keep wasting their time and you will never get anywhere or ever be taken seriously!

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Show'em cash. They like that.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
ASCI_Blue said:
Show'em cash. They like that.

Got to agree here. A few months ago a buddy of mine and I went to a shop because he was in the market for a bike. The salemen didn't say shit when we walked and they stayed on the phone the whole time. Well my buddy withdrew a fat stack $100s from his pocket and all your heard was the saleman on the phone say" I'll call you back" and hung up and came straight to where we were. He said, well did you pick one and can I help you? My replied " I did and you could have, have a nice day" and we left.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Cash. I took $3k into the dealership with me and showed the sales manager. He knew I wanted the bike.

And you can bring in other offers from other dealerships. "Oh, such and such cycles quoted me this price."

·
Registered
806 Posts
The first thing to do if you want a dealer to take you seriously when talking a deal, is to be a serious buyer. Show that you have some interest AND means of buying the bike you're looking at. Having worked in a shop (parts), there was nothing worse than the people who would come in and take up a bunch of your time and information and than have no intent or means of buying anything from you. As a dealer, you have to consider that any customer is a potential sale. But usually after a little bit you can tell who's serious about buying and who's not. I have seen dealers blow sales by not talking to a customer because they didn't look like they were a buyer. That's a separate issue. A casual conversation will give you an idea of how serious they are.

When you're serious about buying, maybe the dealer will be serious about working a deal for you.

Shane

·
Registered
28 Posts
alright im a newbie so i've got a dealer etiquette question... there's a dealership near my house that seels suzikis, kawasakis, etc. Im only 17 and i cant afford a bike yet but i would like to just check em out up close and maybe ill get one when im older. would i be an asshole to just walk in and look around? i mean i wouldnt waste any of the salesman's time but it would be kind of obvious im not buying one so would they get pissed?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
demonspeed said:
alright im a newbie so i've got a dealer etiquette question... there's a dealership near my house that seels suzikis, kawasakis, etc. Im only 17 and i cant afford a bike yet but i would like to just check em out up close and maybe ill get one when im older. would i be an asshole to just walk in and look around? i mean i wouldnt waste any of the salesman's time but it would be kind of obvious im not buying one so would they get pissed?

i highly doubt it. People come in to dealerships all the time to look around. If they are a decent dealership they'll know you could be future buyer and give you a good impression.

·
Registered
41 Posts
demonspeed said:
i'm only 17 and go to the local dealership for the gear department. sometimes on my way out I will browse around their bikes....I can in no way afford it so I obviously have no intention of buying.

most the time salesman won't even talk to me, which doesnt bother me because I don't plan on buying. sometimes they will ask me if I need any help and I kindly say "no thanks i'm just browsing"...but I also refrain from doing anything stupid.

so just be polite and don't do anything unreasonable and there is no reason you shouldn't be allowed to see what they've got...

·
Registered
161 Posts
My friend got a sweet deal on an 05 CBR F4i. She got the bike, a two brothers exhaust installed, frame sliders installed, two HJC helmets, a joe rocket mesh jacket, and a couple t-shirts all for 9500 OTD. She went in there with 10K and told them what all she wanted and if they could help her fine, if not she would move on down the road.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts