Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working at the same job for 17 years and getting laid off this winter. As a single guy age 43 and working with nosy co workers, I have endured single guy jokes from mastuberation to using hookers to going to home country and finding a wife. Sometimes I want to punch them in the face but if I do I will end up with a criminal record and maybe damage my life forever. I know people talk about each other behind their backs but to come up to you and make remarks like that I find pretty offensive.

Its been raging in me for a few years now, and my next job I will wear a fake wedding ring and just say my private life is not for discussion at work.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I dont really care about not being married anymore. In my 30's I felt lonely but now having seen so many divorces ( 5 to 7 in my family ) and baggage I just want to be free. I just hated the how its perceived your life has no meaning unless you have a spouse.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
According to all corporate training that I've been subjected to, that's called a hostile work environment and you don't have to live with. Go to HR.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
You get wound up cos you let em , they know it simmers in you so they do it more .. waiting on the bang from an oversensitive work colly is all some folk have to do at work .

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
According to all corporate training that I've been subjected to, that's called a hostile work environment and you don't have to live with. Go to HR.
No, then you go from being single guy to punk ass bitch who runs to HR. Going to HR is for women.

Just learn to come back with jokes that are even more offensive on a personal level to embarrass the person who said something to you so they learn to keep their fucking mouth shut.

Or just lie, say your divorced. I lied and pretended to be a smoker at a past job so I could get the 10 minute break every hour the smokers got.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never said one word about all the single moms at the office or divorced people and their issues and soap operas lives. I tune them out but they like to tune me in.

I had one that told me to get a mail order bride and later on someone told me that asshole bitch got a divorce. Karma.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And dont fall for the myth Chinese people dont divorce much, I am Chinese maybe up to 8 divorces now in the family cause the ones in Asia probably just keeping it a secret from us.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, then you go from being single guy to punk ass bitch who runs to HR. Going to HR is for women.

Just learn to come back with jokes that are even more offensive on a personal level to embarrass the person who said something to you so they learn to keep their fucking mouth shut.

Or just lie, say your divorced. I lied and pretended to be a smoker at a past job so I could get the 10 minute break every hour the smokers got.

OTOH, asking someone to take it outside does not work in today's world of work for problems. I didnt go to HR, would love to punch or say fuck off but thats not going to fly either. Its a no win situation unless I insult them back but OTOH they could go to HR on me and that would make it worse.

Ahh, it will all be over soon and I get to start fresh somewhere. I will just have that wedding ring on and ignore questions about private life.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts

:shrug

I've never gone to HR for anything. But if something bothered me as much as it apparently does the OP, I would.

As for being a punk ass bitch for doing so, that kind of middle school mentality is a major part of the original problem. Sounds a lot like the office I work in now, where adults don't know how to act like adults. Contrast to the office I moved from, where 99% of the people do act like adults and you don't have to worry about juvenile behaviour.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Why do you even let it bother you? The very moment you feel bothered by one of those comments you're empowering them. By letting those comments hurt you you are actually giving power to that people over you.

Dunno how to explain it, but everytime someone comes with that kind of comment I just think they are jealous. You know? I can go riding whenever I feel like, in fact, I have 5 bikes a no one bugging me about it. I laugh inside when I go out riding with my friends and they have to go back home because their wifes/girlfriends are already nagging them.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I would quite literally tell them I was fucking their wife or daughter.

just "yeah? well, being single means I can fuck your wife and leave". and then go back to work.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I'm trying hard, but I simply cannot imagine a "you're single and I'm not" joke that would offend me in the least.

If you wanted to respond (although I can't imagine why you would), you only need to say, "Dude. Look at me. I have motorcycles. I have money. I do whatever the fuck I want, all the time. I know you don't remember it because you've been married for so long, but it's fucking AWESOME!"

Or, "Hey bro, yap all you want if it makes you feel better about your life. I'm busy shopping Craigslist for a race bike. I'm going to the track this weekend. What are you doing?"

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Tell the soft cocks to go get their nuts from their wife's purse and then they can talk.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dude, don't ya see? They are ragging on you probably because they're jealous about not having the freedoms you have. You can do what you muddah fuddah want when you muddah fuddah want to...how you muddah fudda want...and they can't! Freedom is beautiful bro, and those who rag on you can't taste freedom being locked up in relationships, so in their jealousy they lash out at you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts