Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i have one of those Game DR's that is supposed to be so great at leaning your CD/DVD's. I havnt used the thing in a few months, but i had to bust it out today. Seems i left a DVD on the floor the other day, and when i went to go spray some dust cleaner on a rag to dust off my entertainment center, some of the cleaner missed the rag and it got on the DVD. I just noticed about a half hour ago. Don't really know why i didn't just wipe it off with another rag, but i felt the need to use my cleaning....thingy :D

So, i used it....and go to pop the DVD in, and i get nothing....WTF :confused: I clean it one more time with the thingy and now im gettin an error message :finger :mad: The F'in thingy made my DVD worse, now i can't even watch it! damn it!

Which leads to my question.....anybody know of anything around the house that will clean up a DVD. It's not scratched bad. The DVD was brand new. It's only got a couple scratches and it looks like the thingy gave it a wierd surface. It looks like it can be repaired with either a better thingy (which i can't get now since everything is closed) or if anybody knows of a way to clean DVD's with some stuff lying around the house? Any help is appreciated, thanks :D

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
this may sound weird, but it worked for one of my friend's xbox games...

we took the game, ran it under the faucet, rubbed toothpaste on the media side, rinsed it, dried it off, and it worked fine. do what you want, but all i know is that it worked for us. :D

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard about toothpaste working before. I actually have another copy of the dvd, so i don't mind experimenting on this one to see what will work and what won't. I'll give it a shot, thanks :D

Question - What did you use to rub the toothpaste on the DVD with? Im thinkin a toothbrush will scratch it. What did you guys use?

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, i tried the toothpaste but no go. That machine fucked this DVD up really good. Ah well, il try a few more things then im sayin the hell with it.

At least it smells like peppermint now :D

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deputy963 said:
A very fine polish like simichrome for the big scratches and plexus for the small stuff or hazing. Plexus is great on any plastic...helmet visors, fairings, windscreens, dvds, cars, etc.
Thanks, i'll have to give it a shot :cool:

·
Registered
533 Posts
sounds like it has a residue on it from the cleaner you were using, i would use rubbing alcohal diluted with water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts