Sport Bikes banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
cacapants said:
I am awake, just because I'm don't share all of your opinions, doesn't mean I'm not aware.

Wake the fuck up. People are different.
You can't dispute the fact that all great societies rise and eventually fall, passing power onto the next nation in line, on the basis of opinion. It's happened before and it will happen again. The question is when, not if.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Here's a cool infobit for those who think that the US is infallable. Rome was one the greatest erm..something on the face of the planet. It was a bunch of fucking barbarians who stomped all over the most advanced, best trained, best equiped, best lead army on the face of the planet at the time.

Anyone notice a parallel to today?

Senator here has a good point. Want to live in my pad, live by my rules. Don't like it? Fine. Get the fuck out.

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
You want to fix the illegal immigrant problem?

Force Washington to make Dole, Wal-Mart, Home Depot and a myriad of other corporations and industries pay all of their employees a fair wage.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
hanglowejohnson said:
Do you really want to compare us to a country where a college graduate makes $1 per day. And the general populus makes about 55cents a day? Where anti biotics are reserved for a select few and protein comes from soy beans rather than meat (and not by choice)? Where (in a communist society) the people are divided by such a thick economical line that its impossible to compare them against each other? Where getting one of your daughters to work in a factory for that $1 per day means you can actually send one of your sons to school? Where the population number is skewed by (nearly) a half a million people because you are only truly allowed to have (report) one child?

If that is what you choose to compare the US to feel free. But I would rather not.
Doesn't have anything to do with the premise that cultural and language diversity causes a unstable society which is what Dick Lamm is saying. It's Lamm who is comparing US to China. He's saying that "History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures". Well, he's wrong, and China is evidence of that.

I'm not going to get drawn into a debate on what a shithole China is for millions of people there, because that's not what I am arguing. If you are going to argue the ravages of what a class based system does to people at the bottom of the totem pole you want get any dispute from me. However Lamm doesn't care about that and that's not his topic.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
bugeyed said:
Doesn't have anything to do with the premise that cultural and language diversity causes a unstable society which is what Dick Lamm is saying. It's Lamm who is comparing US to China. He's saying that "History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures". Well, he's wrong, and China is evidence of that.

I guess that was my point... I dont consider China a valid example as what they have I wouldnt consider a success story of multiculturalism.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
hanglowejohnson said:
I guess that was my point... I dont consider China a valid example as what they have I wouldnt consider a success story of multiculturalism.
I agree hanglowe..........how can one compare china to the US? In china you get slaughtered for disagreeing with your government.

Sure they have a myriad of languages, they also are not a "united" group of people. If given the choice I would bet money that china would dissassemble into smaller countries.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
So why is subverting to one language so important? It only matters when it's your language that everyone else is forced to speak. It's too bad your moral and cognitive superiority is outshown by it's vulnerabilties with these statements. Some introspection is in order.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
When you can actually make a coherant argument I will further as you please

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
license2ill said:
So why is subverting to one language so important? It only matters when it's your language that everyone else is forced to speak. It's too bad your moral and cognitive superiority is outshown by it's vulnerabilties with these statements. Some introspection is in order.
WOW... I honestly cant believe you type things like that with an intention of sounding rational/reasonable/believable.

Im going to go ahead and move to Italy.. and along with the other English speaking people there, say that License2ill says I can make you all speak English and if you dont cater to me (in your own country) then you need some "introspection".

Dude.. honestly, you have serious issues... I just PRAY... (and I dont even believe in God) ... PRAAAYYY that you are not who you portray yourself to be on here. I Pray that people like you really dont exist becase you are as detrimental to our country as any racist, dirty politician, or virus.

The way you present yourself on here, your attacks, negative views of EVERYTHING... I just cant believe you have made it through life to this point...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts