Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share how to clean off the chain lube (PJ1) from the frame, tire, etc ?? without removing paint or the sealer? Thanks !!

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I use Motul Moto Wash. It works GREAT at getting rid of grease and grime, is biodegradable, and can be washed off with soap and water. Most bike accessory stores and dealers carry it. The label claims it's safe for all bike surfaces/materials and so far (almost 3 years) no issues. I even use it to wash my chain clean.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RayOSV said:
I use Motul Moto Wash. It works GREAT at getting rid of grease and grime, is biodegradable, and can be washed off with soap and water. Most bike accessory stores and dealers carry it. The label claims it's safe for all bike surfaces/materials and so far (almost 3 years) no issues. I even use it to wash my chain clean.

sounds just like simplegreen - available just about anywhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the replies. Many items to try out and now I can clean my new bike !!! This site is just awesome.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you lube the chain (w/PJ1) AFTER you ride the bike the "warmed up" chain will take the lube better. the PJ1 will dry overnight and hardly any will fling off the chain.
WD40 on a rag will easily wipe off any goo from the wheel or swingarm.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
like several of the others have said WD40 on a rag

·
old member
13,079 Posts
audiophan said:
sounds just like simplegreen - available just about anywhere.
I've never used that stuff. I'll give it a try. The Motul works great but it's $8 a bottle. :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
scum said:
If you lube the chain (w/PJ1) AFTER you ride the bike the "warmed up" chain will take the lube better.

Exactly. That's the best way, well, the only way you should lube your chain. Keeps the mess to a bare minimum, and gives the lube time to set in and get stuck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
WD40 works great, and doesn't hurt anything if you leave get a little on something. I had a zx6r once that I had to saw the axle off because the axle was aluminum and somehow water got in the sleeve, and the axle would not come out. The dealer said the dealer I bought the bike from did not prep the bike correctly. Any I did use castrol superclean now I use WD40. For what it is worth

·
Registered
14 Posts
That will work great for NON O-ring chains. But, that Kerosene will take the life out of the O-rings, I do believe.

·
Registered
151 Posts
god you guys must be scratching the crap out of of your bikes paint with wd40 rags etc

use s100 cycle wash and clay it

·
Registered
489 Posts
I oversprayed the hell out of my chain lube the first time. I just used a thick coat of Honda spray polish/cleaner and some shop paper-towels and it came off pretty easily. I used some "NEVR DULL" on the swingarm after that (polished) and finished it off with some Mother's alum. polish, but for the paint the honda polish was all I needed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts