Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something similar to carfax for bikes? I basically just want to know the easiest way to verify that a title is "clean".

·
Registered
92 Posts
Carfax is only accurate if the people report the issues.
ding ding. most people dont realize this and believe carfax to be the end-all be-all source.

to op: i've searched bike vins on carfax and autocheck to no avail. i do wonder if there is such a service available, in complement with the advice above, at your local pd.

·
Registered
381 Posts
On the Virginia DMV website, there is a place where you can check VINs for a price. It's 15 bucks. It's under the prospective buyer section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Title Check

I recently bought a used bike and also checked the title using a link through the DMV. It ONLY checks the title and shows the chain of ownership etc. This does not indicate that the bike has been wrecked, but would show if the title was salvaged, duplicate, re-issued, modified, etc. Found one small mistake on the title in my case and asked the seller to clear it up before we closed the deal.

There's another link on this site I used for doing my due diligence on the bike itself and learned quite a bit. Through out the transaction it was "trust, but verify."

·
Registered
26 Posts
4years no tittle still riding strong . just dont pull over run frm the cops . they dont even chase . so why soend all that money wen 200 bike last this long .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts