Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I hear, "It's too hot for gear" alot here.

I say, "Better sweat than blood."

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
raized1199 said:
The one I hear (and HATE) is when these kids around here see me pull off my lid, see my gray hair, and say,
"dont you want to ride a harley now or something?":spank

Then I try to get em to the house to show em I got street bikes in the garage older than they are.:headbang
is that sorta like this??

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
My special edition CBR1000RR has a different motor in it”You mean that is not true? I got ripped off FB!!!!:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahhh... that was a good laugh. I'll have to pull a few of those on my friend next time we go out and practice (Yeah, I'm "in training" you could say).

“Sign me up, I’m as good as a MotoGP racer!” (as I stall the bike)

·
No more disassemble!
381 Posts
Me- "Jon I think you should buy the GS500F or the SV650, after you take the free base MSF course".

Jon-"I don't need to take the course, I have been riding dirt bikes my whole life and I don't want a dork bike like yours I want to be able to pick up chicks".

I Have an FZ6, A week after Jon bought a CBR1000 he crashed and was in the hospital for 3 months with a broken everything and will never be 100% again. Lucky for him he is not paralyzed.

·
Registered
996 Posts
...He would be if he were stunting.

From a fucking counselor:
"Careful not to spend too much money on gear. Plenty of people stop wearing their gear after a while just because it's too hot. I mean, I did after one season."

That's a reason?

At the MSF course Iwe're talking about first bikes. New guy says:
"I just got a GSXR 600." (of-fucking-course)
Instructor says:
"...That's a hell of a way to start out, man..."
New guy replies:
"I know...That's why I'm going to take it easy on it."

Thank god it's mandatory that he take the Advanced rider course and Sportbike course before he can register on base.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I race Honda (cars), so I am used to speed.

Sport bikes aint shit; when you can handle the power a Harley puts out, come talk to me(some fucking RUB out in front of the local bar, where all of the fucking RUBs hang out)

Them there "jap bikes" are for little girls; that is a mans bike (pointing to his HD)

This conversation took place between myself and another member of the club with which I ride
Gypse: Hey Crash, you still ride that piece of shit jap scrap?
Me: yep, we cant all be as cool as you. Where is your bike?
Gypse: It is torn apart in the garage, that thing just will not run right.
Me: ...and my bike is the piece of shit?

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
"i can't see with a helmet on! it limits my per-hif-her-al vison!!!!!"

lmao

I know a guy that uses that as his excuse. He only has one eye, and says that he has to rotate his head around to look next to him, and it's difficult and takes too much time.

ugh.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I walk into a gas station, full leathers on, on my way to watch the MotoGP races at Indy.

Random lady in the store: "Where you headed?"

Me: "To the races in Indy..."

Lady: "What time are you going to race?"

Me: "umm, I'm spectating..."

BWAHAHAHAHA...

I guess she isn't used to seeing people in leathers. <shrug>

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was on my shadow the other day and granted I bought it when I was 16. I'm a big guy and size wise it was too small when I was 16, now 8 years later it's still too small. The guy on the other side of the pump said something to the extent of "you need to get yourself on a v-twin," and gave a little laugh. I gave the same little kinda laugh and then looked back at him and said "It is a v-twin dipshit!" Needless to say he didn't really say anything else after that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just keep telling yourself you are smarter than everyone when talking to them, in your mind they are lucky they are even talking to you. Thats what I do.

·
Registered
228 Posts
my pet peeves are the ones who think they know about bikes. Leaving from work one day a homeless looking dude comes up "Nice bike bro. Back in the day I had me one of dem Suzuki 950 Ninjas w/twin fatboy pipes. Thing was a monster bro. I was scared everytime I jumped on it!" I just said "Cool." Started up the bike and took off shaking my head because I knew if I got into a conversation with the guy it'll just get worse.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Back when I had my 1098 I went for a ride with a buddy and his friend. The friend was a know-it-all that was bragging about how he grew up rebuilding engines. I mention to my buddy how the 'duc had a dry clutch and I could put an opejn cover on it and see the clutch spinning, when the friend pipes in "All clutches are dry! I could put an open cover on my 1000RR, if they had oil they'd slip!"

I didn't even try convincing the guy as I knew he would never admit he might be wrong, so I just said I didn't know that and dropped it. Later we stopped for gas where there were other bikes around, and someone asks me "how do you like the dry clutch on that thing?". I was like "Noooo, don't start this up again!!!" :D

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
The worse ones around me are the car-and-driver guys:

"My (stock and automatic) BMW/Mercedes/Audi/whatever-they-own will beat your bike in a quarter mile ANY DAY..."

:explosive :facepalm

21 - 40 of 54 Posts