Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much stupidity in this world and the one thing about stupidity is that it intrudes into normal folk’s lives like septic tank seepage. I’ve heard and hear many stupid comments made on a daily basis. The following list is meant to help the novice and expert alike avoid this shameful social disease. Every statement in this list I have had uttered to me at one point and all are NOT true. Enjoy these little nuggets of brain rot.

“Helmets will break your neck in a crash”
“If it’s your time, then it’s your time”
“I’m as good as a MotoGP racer”
“I want to start racing to get the chicks”
“I learned on an R1 and I’m not dead, so it’s ok as a starter bike.”
“ Don’t use the front brake. You’ll flip over the handlebars”
“ I’m too big for a 1000”
“ I’ll outgrow my 600 after one year”
“Does a carbon fiber gas cap give you better gas mileage?”
“ Stunting on the street is safe”
“ the new ZX10 will make 195hp”
“ The bike gets a little weird around 220mph”
“The Ducati is the fastest bike ever”
“My special edition CBR1000RR has a different motor in it”
“cruisers are safer than sportbikes”
“If I had one of those, I’d kill myself”
“Does Honda have an option for neon?”
“Choppers handle better than sportbikes”
“If we get the same color bike will that look gay?”
“Do I have to pay taxes if I register it in Pakistan?”
“I popped a huge wheelie in like 6th gear on my Katana 600”
“Screw that training crap my cousin (insert name here) has been riding a year and he’s gonna teach me”

“ Girls can’t ride a 600”
“Will I look like a girl if I ride a 600?”
“ I heard you’ll get sucked under a semi if you ride next to one on the highway”
“ I heard that a Hayabusa will fly if you’re going fast enough”

Please feel free to add to the list and have fun.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It is too hot to wear a riding jacket.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Actually, I think there is some increased risk to the neck/spinal cord from the extra weight in certain types of crashes, but I'd agree that one would be stupid not to wear a helmet because of this.

·
Registered
466 Posts
my favorite is : I can ride a mountain bike so i can ride a sportbike..LOL .
I have heard many stupid comments and what gets me most are made by people who have been riding for over 15yrs...Like my Brother saying his Harley will outrun my VFR and that harleys have better brakes than sportbikes.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
my favorite one is the 16 yea old kid that says "I've been driving a sports car for a year, so I'll be okay to start on an R1" :rolleyes I had one of my friends kids say that to me...they have an eclipse spider. I told the parents if they bought the kid an R1, I would personally kick their ass.

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
My personal favorite " I don't wear a helmet or any gear because when I crash I'm going to die anyway"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont know, if you get the identical bike, in the same color, as your main riding buddy, it is kinda gay. My wife and I have mountain bikes that are identical except for frame size and I get my balls broken for it being gay. And this is my heterosexual, petite blonde wife, not my hairy, sweaty leather clad riding buddy...

·
we the people ...right?
926 Posts
The one I hear (and HATE) is when these kids around here see me pull off my lid, see my gray hair, and say,
"dont you want to ride a harley now or something?":spank

Then I try to get em to the house to show em I got street bikes in the garage older than they are.:headbang

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
"i can't see with a helmet on! it limits my per-hif-her-al vison!!!!!"

lmao

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
what the kid at the dealership told me: don't get frame sliders, you want insurance to buy you a new bike if you crash. btw why the fuck did this thread get dug up?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
If you want to avoid being a dumbass...keep your head out of it...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts