Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Why should it go away?

How about people either grow up or leave the area.

Personaly, send the attacks at me, I could really give a flying [email protected] what most of you people think of me personaly. Not many of you impact my daily life in one way or another.

I like the ability to come in and debate with people that share common ground with me, at least I know we are on the same page. Try doing that in a place that doesnt have a tieing factor. Its much blander and alot less intelligent in the end.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
DCMETRO1 said:
well put, maybe the politics section should go away... this is a sportbike forum and there are more then anough boards that deal with just politics...
We tried that and people complained about it.

It can be ok if people just talk about POLITICS.

We are consumed with labels like pussy liberal or conservative redneck or any other shit people can dream up.

The point is none of that is political, it's just name calling.

1. Talk about issues and issues alone
2. Don't take everything personally
3. present a cogent point of view with resorting to personal attacks.

There's no reason people cannot present ideas without being subject to derision. Even the ones you disagree with.

BTW, this is for everyone.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Here we go again! Look...if you don't like the opinions expressed here, it's not that hard to not read them!

However, this is for POLITICAL opinions. "You're a f'ing fat stupid cow!" is not a POLITICAL opinion and is beyond offensive!

I quit hounding Fred about his decisions regarding the Politics forum long ago, and I'll be damned if I understand why anyone gives a shit if this is the forum I primarily participate in, but I don't for the life of me understand why certain people (and I could make a list of them) can't seem to restrain themselves from personal insults and killing political discussion.

·
Nurse Nymphette
7,289 Posts
OK I'm sorry! Yes at times I do allow myself to poke fun at someone's obvious lack of ability to utilize the english language but for the most part I do refrain from calling anyone a bad name. I am smart enough to know that even without the direct name calling that making references to a person's ability to write a cognizant thought is as bad as the name calling.

You're right Fargin, we do need to be grown ups but...it will difficult not to respond in kind to things that are said off the cuff by someone obviously regurgitating something they "thought" they read somewhere albeit it is being misquoted as well.

Sigh...ok I'll be good!

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
sexyicecold said:
-I'm not fat. I may have a few extra pounds, but I mostly carry them in my tits and ass. So, if you don't like T & A - MOVE ON.

-I'm not a cow. I don't have udders. I have nipples.
To establish the validity of your statement, we will need pics. The T & A can not be covered up, as that would make it impossible to validate your statements.
:banana

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
EEfz6 said:
To establish the validity of your statement, we will need pics. The T & A can not be covered up, as that would make it impossible to validate your statements.
:banana
being the penis carrying member of the household and the person with the cameras i don't see that happening. i can provide a reference that tits are very round and nice as well as the ass.

the comment gets made often that if you don't like it you don't have to read it. that may be the case however if a person is interested in a discussion they should be able to read it without having to sift through 3 pages of insults. they shold be able to contribute without someone responding with labels, insults and comments regarding their need for oral sex ro their dress size.

the politics of who started what don't really matter. it is equal amounts of shit slinging from both sides of the fence. things got heated in teh past but nothing like i've seen over the last year. it becomes pointless to read and pointless to comment if its turned into a shitfest three or four posts in.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
To answer the thread question, you must first look at the posters...How many on here are actually involved in politics and are out there trying to get their views put into action?

If the answer is none, then this is just another place in the world where people come with problems but no initiative to create a solution, with some "F" you and you're a fat cow, and insults of the like...

I've long said this is just a waste of bandwith strictly on the premise of the reasons above...

I will admit, though, when there is a good debate going, without the name calling, I enjoy reading some of the threads in this forum...And learn a few things along the way...Problem is, those good threads are few and very far between...And because it's the internet, there are no holds barred when it comes to name calling...

I'd wager my bike that no one would ever get in someone else face and shout the profanities that are spewed in here...If they did, they'd probably get a beat down...

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
malik ross said:
being the penis carrying member of the household and the person with the cameras i don't see that happening. i can provide a reference that tits are very round and nice as well as the ass.
I guess a first hand witness will do for statement validation. From what I can tell from the pic on your profile, I will agree Sexy.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
L8 Braker said:
I'd wager my bike that no one would ever get in someone else face and shout the profanities that are spewed in here...If they did, they'd probably get a beat down...
Dont kid yourself.............Id say anything I say here to anyone anywhere. Some may be the kind to hide behind a computer screen, Im not one of them.

And yeah, Ive gotten a fat lip or two in my day, but Ive doled out the same if not more than what Ive recieved. An ass beating doenst sway my opinion of anyone or anything.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
This is the internet, therefore insults are baseless and hollow. This entire topic is rendered irrelevant.

Ignore the dickheads, and focus on the substance more mature and intelligent people have to offer.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Redstar.............your a poopoo head! :eek:nfloor

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
EEfz6 said:
I guess a first hand witness will do for statement validation. From what I can tell from the pic on your profile, I will agree Sexy.
Thanks for the props.

And, may we all note: A COMPLIMENT JUST OCCURRED IN THE POLITICS FORUM! Does this mean we're heading in the right direction?

Stay tuned for more...

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Fargin started it first. Damn French people. ;)

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
DCMETRO1 said:
if find it very funny how a bunch of liberals tried to chime in to their ring leaders little sexual innuendo joke in the recent thread, you all know which one I am talking about.... when I threw some muck back at one that chimed in you all got pissed and hurt blah, blah, blah, how could he do that.... all the time forgetting about the fun you were trying to have with me to begin with… it just comes down to the double standard I see so often with liberal thinking…

then all of a sudden its stop the name calling and childish posts all of a sudden, but no one wanted to admit how it actually started in that post, again, it was funny until I threw some back now wasn’t it. It just comes down to the double standard I see so often with liberal thinking…

As far as the substance of topics some are crap and some are good and some are funny…. I have personally started some good threads…. Such as explaining why the rich pay to much taxes etc… debunking much liberal thinking along the way…. And I find it funny that a thread that some don’t agree with is “not much substance” etc… while a bush sucks thread is perfectly acceptable…

Finally after being a part of the politics section for the past three years, I would point out that I have not taken part in to much name calling while other liberals consistently have…. And to this day keep their holier then thou attitude like they can say no wrong because they are liberal, and yes, to some of you liberal may be a bad word, but others on this board have personally agreed that this term suits their thinking well….

How smart are we in this forum… hard to tell, some days are better then others…
This is what I can't understand about people on this board. You either have to be one, or the other. If anybody disagrees with a particular topic, there are 30 people that jump on their backs and instead of providing intellectual debate and fair discussion, they attack their assumed party.

When somebody disagrees with a particular point, it turns into "you're wrong beause you're a liberal" or "you're wrong because you're a conservative". You're both wrong because you can't form proper arguments. Attacking somebody won't prove that your party is any better, this is something neither Democrats nor Republicans can understand.

I've said it before, politics isn't linear. Not everybody fits into a pre-determined political category that can be referenced on demand in relation to right or left. People have different opinions on different subjects, and until members can realize this and understand it, they shouldn't be in the politics forum.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Redstar11 said:
This is the internet, therefore insults are baseless and hollow. This entire topic is rendered irrelevant.

Ignore the dickheads, and focus on the substance more mature and intelligent people have to offer.
Sure, it's irrelevant, in fantasyland. In the world of dealing with 53,000+ different personalities, it is a valid topic.

Therefore, dismissal of the topic misses the point by a wide margin.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
bush said:
This is what I can't understand about people on this board. You either have to be one, or the other. If anybody disagrees with a particular topic, there are 30 people that jump on their backs and instead of providing intellectual debate and fair discussion, they attack their assumed party.
that is the real issue.... this assumption that somehow someone can be labeled and that label is the end all be all...

I hate drugs, all kinds... does that make me a conservative?

But wait... I think we should legalize them all.. does that mean I'm a liberal?

Bringing "democracy" to Iraq is a joke... liberal?

oh wait... I am a great supporter of the military... conservative?

I would be a proponent of a small government.. conservative?

I dont like the Partiot Act... conser.... oh wait, "conservatives" like the patriot act, so does that make me a liberal?

The labels are a joke people and they do NOTHING for the debate... the ISSUES are the debate.

As for the name calling and such, I havent really seen it... Personally I think the debate is usually pretty good and doesnt include a lot of name calling. Maybe you are all just a bunch of fucking pansies??

:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
This kinda reminds me of Bush's silly little speech about civil discourse. There will always be civil discourse here and uncivil discourse. For those who start out with the first, your only choice is whether or not to decend to the second.

However the place is open to many, including those who's voting choices are as simple-minded as jealousy or who can best make fun of the other candidate. Everyone can't be smart, or have a realistic self-image. So count your blessings every time you read a dumb ass post.

It's a personal choice whether to wade into someone else's muck. You can decide not to do it by staying out of the forum. Or you can decide not to do it by ignoring their dumb-ass posts. But this is a slice of life, warts and all. And if you want to participate in a slice, you have to expect step in some shit, because the shitty are invited too.

I don't judge people for slinging muck, they are just dumb and that's not a choice. But I also don't feel some moral imperative not to sling some back. Especially when its well deserved. Somehow, I don't feel guilty about putting some asshole in his place.

Anyway, politics=conflict. It's not like there is anything abnormal going on here. So lighten up and have fun with it. If you can't, you probably want to stick to controlled environments, because you'll get indigestion here.

Sooo..... Who's blowjob are we buying this week? :banana :cheers

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
jim schmidt said:
I don't judge people for slinging muck, they are just dumb and that's not a choice. But I also don't feel some moral imperative not to sling some back.
You call anyone that slings muck dumb in the sentence before you yourself admit to slinging muck. :urowned :eek:nfloor :cheers

21 - 40 of 47 Posts