Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking back and all of the lovingly affectionate interactions I've had in the P&R forum and I thought "How smart are we?"

We spend a lot of time trying to express our opinion, but, like every political argument today, it eventually degenerates into name calling. Now I have been guilty of this too, but I've always felt like an asshole after doing it.

That being said, most of the politcal and social issue talked about are important. Can't we actually talk about them?

This forum has become just name calling. I know this will generate the "he did it first" post, but, if you can talk politics without calling someone a rat nipple or degenerate shitball, it will be the smarter choice.

Please mellow out, the mods all have pacemakers and the stress can kill us.

We would then be taken over by a "Cruiser" leaning think tank and homogenized into a chromed hell.

So, to summarize, be nice or wear chaps.

Your two hairs short of a baboon article guy,
FB

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know it gets heated, but I would like to think we aren't getting the whole picture or total insight into everyone's ACTUAL personalities. It's easy to start name calling when you know you'll never meet someone, but yeah, it doesn't always feel right afterwards. I would bet that if I met most of you guys in person we'd get along fine. I'm actually very easy to get along with in person as I do not usually talk politics and religion with too many friends. I'm also not as bad as I may seem on certain issues. I guess it all bottles up and gets unleashed here. I imagine most here feel the same way. Typing hasn't always been the best method of getting ideas across either.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
the name calling usually starts when the valid points/answers to the questions stop. If you have an opinion based on research and facts, rather than political ideology or heresay, present it...I value everyone's opinion, even when misguided, if they have thought about their reply and done their homework...just don't forget to put your asbestos underwear on just in case...

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bumblebee said:
the name calling usually starts when the valid points/answers to the questions stop. If you have an opinion based on research and facts, rather than political ideology or heresay, present it...I value everyone's opinion, even when misguided, if they have thought about their reply and done their homework...just don't forget to put your asbestos underwear on just in case...
If you need asbestos underwear, then the chances of the response being based on facts is very little.

In other words, this is an exchange of ideas, not and FU fest. Lately, it has been an FU fest.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Well, we all know Im the resident asshole.

You can all call me all the names you like, it wont be the first or the last time I have heard it.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I don't initiate name calling, never have...look back through post history. Name calling will never win you a debate, or a friend...I don't agree with some of the opinions I read here, I'll comment on those opinions, but I figure most people won't listen and will have to skin their own knees. We each have to follow our own path and see how it works out...besides, I simply ignore the illiterates throwing bombs and move on to the next post.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
If you want to get any real debate out of people, you have to be willing to let them have their opinion and not start belittling them and throwing around insults because you disagree. I can tell you this much, being called a fatty, as well as a stupid, fat, blow-job giving cow don't increase the likelihood of my contributions in this forum. It makes one want to think long and hard before they even open their mouth (or touch their fingers to the keyboard) if that's the response they can expect.

And for the record:
-I'm far from stupid, my test scores, various scholastic records, and authority under which I was hired can speak to that.
-I'm not fat. I may have a few extra pounds, but I mostly carry them in my tits and ass. So, if you don't like T & A - MOVE ON.
-I do give blow jobs. Fantastic ones. None of you will ever know though, because my live-inboyfriend is the sole, pleased recipient.
-I'm not a cow. I don't have udders. I have nipples. I don't have a tail or any other non-human parts. I'm a female, a quality one at that. Since my opinion of myself is the one that matters most, anyone who thinks otherwise can do what their mother (maybe?) taught them - If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Aren't those words to live by?

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
I still think youre a bitch and I still love it.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :lol

·
Banned
78 Posts
I'm going with the premise that we dont necessarily have to be nice about the people we are talking about (Politicians).

Generally, finding a discussion online that eventually DOESNT degenerate into name calling is harder than finding an active brain cell in Dubya's head.

Mostly its all due to the fact that some people online feel "armored" by their keyboard and monitor. They feel that since the subject of their abuse (Another poster) cant get in their face, they are "safe".

Meet them face to face and one of two things happen. They either try to laugh it off with some statement about "stoking the fires" or other lameness, or they cant even look you in the eyes.

I used to know one person who almost single handledly killed a usenet newsgroup because anybody who disagreed with him became the target of some of the most amazingly written, eloquently stated abuse in history. This same person was completely unable to walk up to a person and tell them what he thought of them to their face. In reality, laughable AND pathetic all in one.

Then there are the few people out there who are just assholes.

F.B.-It shouldnt be hard for you to figure out who I am :D

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
I had a good summary to that topic (oil) in the old P&R and its gone.

I have to agree though, I really didnt want to watch it and only did because I was enthralled with the antics of the democrats. Childish as they be I personaly would have made it like the meeting for the Republic of Georgia, chair throwing and everything!

·
Banned
78 Posts
hybrid said:
I had a good summary to that topic (oil) in the old P&R and its gone.

I have to agree though, I really didnt want to watch it and only did because I was enthralled with the antics of the democrats. Childish as they be I personaly would have made it like the meeting for the Republic of Georgia, chair throwing and everything!
Agreed to a point. Its not limited to the Dems. Its all of them. It wasnt that long ago that the Republicans were the children. There isnt a moral high ground with these money grubbing, lying assbags. Its what every bullshit they can feed us so they can keep their jobs and power.
THAT in itself is about as non partisan as it can get.

I changed my initial post so here is the text I removed:

Here I go- I'll do my part.

Is ANYBODY even slightly outraged about Exxon-Mobil Kicking the people of this country in the crotch by yet again declaring record profits?

This goes back to the Congressional hearings last year where our elected officials called the oil company heads to the carpet, didnt swear them to an oath (Like that really matters these days) and let them get away with GOUGING the country because they said something like "Well, thats the way it is." Our highly trustworthy elected officials, who are constantly on the lookout for OUR best interests then went back to business as ususal, some of them thinking the people of this country are stupid enough to actually give a rat's ass about steroid use in baseball.

DUMya said something about alternative fuels last night. Does anybody realize that there was NOTHING about hydrogen powered vehicles in that energy bill he signed into law last year?

No, I didnt watch the State Of The Union last night. Why?
Because there are already enough reasons to throw a brick at a television.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Im in agreement with you..........I liked what they (democrats) were doing.

I would have been the "asshole" throwing chairs!

Now the oil industry, that kills me. I wish there was a way to pull that post or thread out of the archive.

·
Banned
78 Posts
hybrid said:
Im in agreement with you..........I liked what they (democrats) were doing.

I would have been the "asshole" throwing chairs!

Now the oil industry, that kills me. I wish there was a way to pull that post or thread out of the archive.
I'll call myself an asshole as well because I'd be right there with you. Beating politicians with chairs might be a great training method. Some people only understand negative reinforcement.

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
Name-calling seems to come as a direct result of somebody bringing up a topic that has no relevance or simply starting out with personal attacks.

I'm all for an intellectual debate, but that's hard to come by, even on SBN.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Fah-Q said:
I'll call myself an asshole as well because I'd be right there with you. Beating politicians with chairs might be a great training method. Some people only understand negative reinforcement.
Let me know when, Ill bring the chairs!

HAHAHAHAHA :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
854 Posts
if find it very funny how a bunch of liberals tried to chime in to their ring leaders little sexual innuendo joke in the recent thread, you all know which one I am talking about.... when I threw some muck back at one that chimed in you all got pissed and hurt blah, blah, blah, how could he do that.... all the time forgetting about the fun you were trying to have with me to begin with… it just comes down to the double standard I see so often with liberal thinking…

then all of a sudden its stop the name calling and childish posts all of a sudden, but no one wanted to admit how it actually started in that post, again, it was funny until I threw some back now wasn’t it. It just comes down to the double standard I see so often with liberal thinking…

As far as the substance of topics some are crap and some are good and some are funny…. I have personally started some good threads…. Such as explaining why the rich pay to much taxes etc… debunking much liberal thinking along the way…. And I find it funny that a thread that some don’t agree with is “not much substance” etc… while a bush sucks thread is perfectly acceptable…

Finally after being a part of the politics section for the past three years, I would point out that I have not taken part in to much name calling while other liberals consistently have…. And to this day keep their holier then thou attitude like they can say no wrong because they are liberal, and yes, to some of you liberal may be a bad word, but others on this board have personally agreed that this term suits their thinking well….

How smart are we in this forum… hard to tell, some days are better then others…

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's how this works.

SBN is NOT a democracy, nor a republic. Neither liberals nor conservatives exist in the management of the board. Our political views have nothing to do with this. It's a pain in the ass listening to this counterproductive crap, day in and day out. We are not PAID to do this.

I don't give a crap about your politics. This area has become a waste of bandwidth.

Blame it on whomever the hell you want or ideology, but, this is not a topic up for discussion. You can't play nice, then don't play.

Don't like it, complain to management.

EDIT: After the last post's false sense of self importance, I feel compelled to say that this is for EVERYONE.

Yes, Bush sucks is a political view

Yes, Bush is great is a political view

No, You're overweight or in need of sex is NOT a political view.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Fargin_Bastige said:
Here's how this works.

SBN is NOT a democracy, nor a republic. Neither liberals nor conservatives exist in the management of the board. Our political views have nothing to do with this. It's a pain in the ass listening to this counterproductive crap, day in and day out. We are not PAID to do this.

I don't give a crap about your politics. This area has become a waste of bandwidth.

Blame it on whomever the hell you want or ideology, but, this is not a topic up for discussion. You can't play nice, then don't play.

Don't like it, complain to management.

EDIT: After the last post's false sense of self importance, I feel compelled to say that this is for EVERYONE.

Yes, Bush sucks is a politcal view

Yes, Bush is great is a politcal view

No, You're overweight or in need of sex is NOT a politcal view.
well put, maybe the politics section should go away... this is a sportbike forum and there are more then anough boards that deal with just politics...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts