Sport Bikes banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
rsm said:
I will soon be 40 years old. I have been riding a cruiser for about 5 years and I am wanting to get into sportbikes and eventually get on the track. I am in good shape, eat well and work-out regularly. Am I too old to be getting into this sport? My wife thinks i'm crazy.
Plenty of guys in their 40s doing trackdays. 40 is the new 30 my friend.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
rsm said:
I dont think I am too old to ride but what about getting on the track? I would like to get some track time.
You're 9 years younger than me and I just did my first ever trackday about 6 weeks ago and loved it, got another booked for September. :)

You're never too old to enjoy yourself, if you think you are - you might as well be dead.

:)

·
Roadman
511 Posts
No age limit.

rsm said:
I will soon be 40 years old. I have been riding a cruiser for about 5 years and I am wanting to get into sportbikes and eventually get on the track. I am in good shape, eat well and work-out regularly. Am I too old to be getting into this sport? My wife thinks i'm crazy.
Think in terms of balance, stamina, strength, visual acuity, mental focus......these are some of the things that matter.
Use good sense and come out and ride! :fiddy

·
Registered
71 Posts
rsm said:

I started riding motorcycles at 40. You can guess what my wife was thinking. :boink

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
In no particular order:

Hayabusa
TLR
TLS
CBR f4i
yzf 600R
zx6e
ZX-7r
ZX-9r
ZX12R
CBRXX
FZ6
FZ1
Tuono
Z1000
SV1000
Monster
SV650/S
FZR1000 ( not to be confused with the FZ1 and R1 )
Triumph 955 daytona
Triumph triple speed
Triumph Sprint RS or ST
Buell ______
FJR1300
V-strom
honda 919
honda 599

These are supersport, sport, supersport tourers, and sport tourers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
"You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding." The quote at the end of all of my emails. True story.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
In no particular order:

Hayabusa
TLR
TLS
CBR f4i
yzf 600R
zx6e
ZX-7r
ZX-9r
ZX12R
CBRXX
FZ6
FZ1
Tuono
Z1000
SV1000
Monster
SV650/S
FZR1000 ( not to be confused with the FZ1 and R1 )
Triumph 955 daytona
Triumph triple speed
Triumph Sprint RS or ST
Buell ______
FJR1300
V-strom
honda 919
honda 599

These are supersport, sport, supersport tourers, and sport tourers.
Wrong thead?

EFI, I think... :lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
saddest thing I've ever read yet the funniest mental pic of you getting your old fat ass on a super sport😂😂😂😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣🤣 saddest part is it's been so long since he posted and he was 40 when he did, so this dude is 100% dead already anyways. RIP. 💀💀💀💀💀

41 - 54 of 54 Posts