Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CBR500R's exhaust is almost scooter quiet. In my search for a slip on I wanted good rep, no repack and I thought I found it in Scorpion exhausts except that it costs about 650 dollars with the shipping involved from Great Britian. Are there any makers out there that make a no repack aftermarket exhaust beside Scorpion? Or do you guys never repack them anyway?

Two Brothers and Hindle seem to be the best value out there. Akrapovic for best resale value. Never been impressed by the Yoshi sound.

How about taking a chance on no names like Cobra? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If youre going for loud a hindle will do the job. Akras are a little to pricy for me knowing it'll be the first thing that hits the ground. And if you're worried about having to repack just get a cheap one and replace it when you want something different. Idk if delkevics make pipes for your bike but I liked mine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most people don't repack unless they blow the packing out and are forced to repack.

I also think the gradual increase in noise from a pipe comes on so slowly that most riders dont notice it. Kind of like how a TV goes down in brightness as the years go by.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
To be honest, I think you'd be fine with getting whatever exhaust has the look/sound you want. Repacking won't take much effort/cost.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
When there's no green left? :D

(Just kidding - I'm not into it and have had to endure the tests over the years to prove it...just the first thing I thought of when I saw the topic)

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I repacked mine this past spring and could tell a difference in power delivery.
the old stuff actually had holes burned through it. this is why your supposed to repack them so often. the super high heat track riding generates can burn up packing fast.

in this pic this stuff is actually stainless steel wool on the left sitting on top of the fiberglass wrap.

this is a woven fiberglass wrap.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My 2007 ZX10 has over 40k miles on it and I've never repacked its exhaust (2 bros).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts