Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the
case may be, and you're going to get points on your license. This is a
method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is
$79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine. The
system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here
is the trick.

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions
are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT
complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will
no longer bother you. :twofinger

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets
up the standard databases used by every state.

Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a
break. :leghump

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
This is very good to know! Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Wow, that's interesting. Anyone know anybody that has actually done this before?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Why that explains alot since I used to have a lead foot

·
Registered
725 Posts
Almost sounds reasonable, they will eventually probably try another contact for accounting purposes, "oops I lost the check" and it starts again, looks like it could eventually catch up to you, but its a good way to put it off.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I know this is the WI forum, in WA at least this is an urban legend, my friends and I can verify this. We heard this same exact thing back in High School and tried it out. We sent in our extra 2 or 3 bucks for each ticket we got, and ya wanna know what happened?

1) Tickets went on our records anyways and we got the points for them
2) We never got our extra money back, so we paid more money and still got the points.

This is just another urban myth. I also have people in TX who can verify this doesn't work there either.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if it was true or not.......well it sounded to good to be true! Never ever had a speeding ticket, hell never ever been pulled over! so no real worries here!

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
yeah i heard about that years ago and it was proved to be an urban legend.

thanks anyways

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i'm calling BS on it too. so what if you don't cash the check. it still goes on your record (points or not) and our insurance company will still find out that way

the best way is to just get a lawyer and hope for the best.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
On Monday of this week, my brother went to court in Lewisburg, TN for driving 106 MPH in a 70 MPH zone. He was very worried about points on his record because he currently has 8 points and the ticket was going to be 5 more. He called and was told that the ticket was going to be around $500. He took $500 cash with him to court. The judge found him guilty and ordered him to pay $300. He also said that they did not have a traffic school in that city, but that if he gave a $75 donation to some children's fund, it would not go onto his record. He gave the $75 to the non-profit organization. I was joking around with him that they were probably lying and the points will still go on his record.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
firefighter81 said:
I know this is the WI forum, in WA at least this is an urban legend, my friends and I can verify this. We heard this same exact thing back in High School and tried it out. We sent in our extra 2 or 3 bucks for each ticket we got, and ya wanna know what happened?

1) Tickets went on our records anyways and we got the points for them
2) We never got our extra money back, so we paid more money and still got the points.

This is just another urban myth. I also have people in TX who can verify this doesn't work there either.

Agreed, it doesn't work in WI either. We tried it and got the same results.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Sorry to piss in everyones Mountian Dew - but I tried this 3 years ago in Richland County - No Dice - It doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I tried it once. Sent in like a buck or two more, like a month later I got a check back in the mail for the amount I was over. My insurance never said anything and it didn't show up on the WI circuit court access. But I don't known if it didn't show up in the official records. I got pulled over since then and have been let off because my record was clean with only one speeding ticket when I was 16 but I don't know.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thinking about it, it probably depends on the county. All the tickets I've ever had to deal with were all dealt with by the individual county's court system and DA. Might be why some people see different results.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've gotten pulled over in Rhielander doing 88mph in a 50 mph got 6 points taken off, gave it to a friend who tried it in court and got all my points back and the 275.00 ticket dropped to 150.00 when I got the check I cashed it and still have nothing on my record of it. I've had a cop friend of mine check the computer system and nothing either of course it was 3 years ago

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
your driving record is "cleaned" every three years....

Not that I know anything about getting into trouble with the law....spotless record....*bwahahaha* or so says WI Circuit Ct...Pure angel here.....

Cj

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
you could always just blow the cop in the back of the squad car. works every time for me.

i mean ive heard that works for some people. :redfaced :embarrassed :doh! :wishes_i_didnt_say_that_out_loud

1 - 20 of 22 Posts