Sport Bikes banner

How not to conduct yourself as a new rider...

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  SicFLgirlR6 
#1 ·
We all know riding has to do with respect, the right attitude, skills and ability. New riders please do not get into this sport with the "I don't care if I wreck or die attitude", I got into it with that attitude and I'm lucky to still be riding. I try to use my story as most of you know, as a learning tool for new riders, I even use it when I teach the MSF course when I get some litre bike crazed students. I am requesting that everyone read this thread http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1003&page=1 and put any input or stories you may have of friends or family members who have gotten into this sport with the same attitude as this kid or have lost friends that started on a big bike to please post their stories and your opinions. This sport is about looking out for fellow riders and that includes the new guys, you are part of the family too, and I like to look out for you guys as if you were my own...
Speed safe,
Courtney

#8 ·
OH, you mean the same thread we see a couple time a week here with the same question? I didn't read, always feels like I've read it thousands of times before, yet the poster thinks their question is unique. i don't read those thread's anymore, they normally always end up in the same direction.

#9 ·
Oh yeah this kid is definitley going to get the wrong bike no matter what anyone says, but I was hoping some stories about starting big might scare him strait... Thing is I'm moving out to where he lives and I'll be working for the FD out there so when he goes down I'll have to scrape his a$$ up off the road, its a problem that can be so easily prevented...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.