Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title is physically there, but it is a Pa title, whereas I live in Ct. Will it be a pain to register the bike even if I have the title?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Shouldn't be as long as all the papers are signed. Now as my situation... I bought my bike in Germany and brought it to the states. In this case I would have to get the title legaly translated, have the dealer (in Germany) sign off on it even though it is cleared and then processed to America. Then have it transfered into my name. Alot of money and time but since Im not selling the bike, I had it registered in TX to ride legally.

With your case, just make sure the title is signed by the seller and you and any other paperwork your state may require. Then I think its just a money game.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I'll also be sure to compare the VIn on the title to the VIN on the bike.

Although I am interested as to why this guy has a Pa title if he lives in Ct..... the bike is sorta in a bad neighborhood but w/e I'm not gonna make judgements, and I'm NOT gonna go there with cash on hand.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looking away from the bad.... he could have bought the bike and not change the title or registered it. You should find out how long he has had the bike. It could be a bad deal but I try to look at the positive with a very curious mind. You could have him meet you somewhere. I live in a city with alot of bad neighborhoods and I tend to stray from those on the bike unless I have too. Then ini that case there is only one rule... There are NO stop lights or stop signs unless there is an officer caught at one as well. LOL. If you want... you could pm me the VIN and I can try to get a bud on the force to run a check on the bike, if he can.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking away from the bad.... he could have bought the bike and not change the title or registered it. You should find out how long he has had the bike. It could be a bad deal but I try to look at the positive with a very curious mind. You could have him meet you somewhere. I live in a city with alot of bad neighborhoods and I tend to stray from those on the bike unless I have too. Then ini that case there is only one rule... There are NO stop lights or stop signs unless there is an officer caught at one as well. LOL. If you want... you could pm me the VIN and I can try to get a bud on the force to run a check on the bike, if he can.
thanks for the offer man. I ended up having the guy meet me. I ran the VIN and the bike is fine. It is a 1996 so he's had it a while. The title is all signed and good, so it worked out. Now I need a mechanic to give the engine and fluids a total re-haul.

·
Awesomeness, Inc.
679 Posts
Hey dude, just got your PM today ( i was away for the weekend) but it looks like you're all set. Anyways, I bought my ZX6R from a guy in MA, and then registered it in CT with no problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lot's of reasons to have a vehicle titled in a different state than where you live. I have vehicles titled in two states and two countries at the moment. just because you move, you don't change the title - only the registration.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm getting bike in from VA today and I live in MD. The basics of it in my state are that as long as the title has all of the required information and signatures, it will take them 5 minutes to put it into their system and will cost you a few dollars extra. If it's the bike you really want, go for it, this out-of-state titling process should be a non-issue unless you are dealing with a street-converted dirt bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Shouldn't be as long as all the papers are signed. Now as my situation... I bought my bike in Germany and brought it to the states. In this case I would have to get the title legaly translated, have the dealer (in Germany) sign off on it even though it is cleared and then processed to America. Then have it transfered into my name. Alot of money and time but since Im not selling the bike, I had it registered in TX to ride legally.

With your case, just make sure the title is signed by the seller and you and any other paperwork your state may require. Then I think its just a money game.
Cops dont mess with us or sing . im jua saying dont stoo bc yall fall abck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lot's of reasons to have a vehicle titled in a different state than where you live. I have vehicles titled in two states and two countries at the moment. just because you move, you don't change the title - only the registration.
Getting a 650 no tittle for 350 . cant beat that at all . n if dont stop if they give up so why pay alot for 1? so yeah id buy it lol. Get it for dirt chea0 then ride tf outa it . deff be worth 300 maune more ya kmow . just run frm p.o

1 - 10 of 10 Posts