Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bitchslap Okay, I was just curious as to how often everyone rides. I have had my new bike for three weeks now and well over 600 miles. (please do not tell me it wears off; the excitment) Last week was hell, it rained almost everyday. (Mental note need rain gear)
I see a lot of talk about track days and such, but that's only nce in awhile. How about everyday, yes or no? :banana

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I ride as often as possible. June just started and I already have 2500 miles in this season. I have an '04 R6 that I bought brand new and am close to 7200 miles on it....unless it's pouring rain and cold, I ride. Hell, I even ride to the grocery store. I pick my kids up from school on it.....I pout whenever I have to drive the cage.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Too much riding is when you become complacent. Then it's time to take a little break to regain your riding mind set.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
In 30 + years of riding, I still don't know what you are talking about...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I've been riding for about 15 yrs and I'm still not sick of it. I just took my first long distance trip alone down to Florida last week and I HAD A BLAST! There were some parts that were boring as hell, but that's what God invented an MP3 player for..:lol

But really, it's up to you when and how long you want to ride. If I could ride 24/7, I would...

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
un1261 said:
:bitchslap Okay, I was just curious as to how often everyone rides. I have had my new bike for three weeks now and well over 600 miles. (please do not tell me it wears off; the excitment) Last week was hell, it rained almost everyday. (Mental note need rain gear)
I see a lot of talk about track days and such, but that's only nce in awhile. How about everyday, yes or no? :banana

Well, i say when we're new that's when we need to ride the most, to get the experience! So YES on everyday, if at all possible!

That said, i feel enough is enough only when your wrists can't take anymore...and as one guy said, when you get complacent and lose the alertness...but the more you ride now, i'm thinking, the more your wrists will be able to take later...

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
my 04 636 only has 1600 miles on it....

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Wow! My '04 has over 9K and I don't commute on my bike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Too much riding? What's that? Is that possible? I have put over 1000 miles on my ST this week and another couple of hundred on the CBR. I'm about to split for Elkart Lake, so that will be another 160 by the time I get back. There is no such thing as too much riding.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was just curious as to how often everyone rides.
Pretty much every weekend which adds up to around 20,000 miles per year. Every year I end up putting on more miles than the year before.

So far this season I have done approx. 8,000 miles (5K on the 954RR and 3K on the F4i)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
38+ years of riding and I don't know what you are talking about either.

When we go out on Saturday morning group rides and I am asked if I have any time constraints I always reply: "Well, I should be at work at 0630 on Monday but other than that - let's ride".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts