Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
4 million dollars...or maybe $35 or so. We should be able to do it in about 45 minutes, and our labor rate is $50...

-Nick

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Spoon, how much to tune my cycle and get it running like.. PERFECT?!!?!?!

Seriously I just hit 11K on my cycle and didn't know if there was a said amount of maintence that I needed to do. My definition of the last tune up was when I put new plugs into it after I rebuilt it... (five years ago..cough cough)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well, we are actually in the middle of putting together maintenance 'packages' kinda like a car wash. Start off with el cheapo package one, and go all the way up to super duper #4. But I would say you should do an oil/filter change, carb sync, plug change, check/replace air filter. I would also suggest repacking the head bearings-that is often overlooked and really affects the way the bike handles. Then I would check consumables like brake pads, change brake/rad fluid, etc etc.. It just kinda depends on what you want to do, and what has been done in the past. I would say labor would be 2 hours tops, plus parts...

-Spoon

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spooner said:
4 million dollars...or maybe $35 or so. We should be able to do it in about 45 minutes, and our labor rate is $50...

-Nick
Kewl, I'll call the shop and make an appointment. I am approaching my 4000 mile maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts