Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am just trying to see if I can do this job myself and save a few pennies.

I have a 1993 Honda 900rr with the dual, round headlights.

The left headlight broke in a crash (not me) and was removed.

The Honda dealer just ordered a new one and quoted me $150 to install....they said it will take a couple hrs to do the job and they have to remove the front end of the bike to do it.

Is this something I could do myself? Thank You. :boink

·
Registered
929 Posts
yes if you are some what mechanically inclined just pull the front faring unhook wires take it off pull the head light assembly and reinstall do not pay those prices

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if the mechanics just don't wanna do the job, so they are giving me a super high price?

They ordered the headlight for me and I guess someone forgot to get all the parts, and they had already diassembled my bike and had the headlight almost installed.

Now they'll have to remove the headlight since I'll be picking the bike up tomorrow.

They're basically charging me twice?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Sounds like you already paid them (or agreed to) to install the headlight. They shouldn't charge you twice due to them not ordering all the parts unless they offered to get the parts in overnight and keep your bike only one more day.

·
Registered
365 Posts
if it takes their mechanic more than 45 min to install a headlight you shouldn't let their mechanic touch your bike

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the replies.

I'll just pick up the parts when they arrive and do it myself or have a smaller shop do it for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.