Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junkie
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, how much? I've been thinking about buying an '05 Gixxer 750, but am curious about other bikes, and there pros and cons. What do you like about your 600RR? Would you consider the new Gixxer 750? I had the chance to sit on a 600 RR once, and loved it. It fit like a glove. But I'm still leaning towards the 750 because... Well I just love the 750's. Let me know what's up guy's and gal's. And thank you ahead of time for your responses. :fiddy

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have not got to ride my new one yet but my last one was freaken awesome. I have rode a 750 as well and thought that the RR was faster dont know if it was but it sure did feel like it. also better brakes. But it was not more comfortable. the RR seat is kinda hard and the 750 i was on had a corbin. very squishy and soft, i dont want to play favorites but Honda's BIKES rule. and im sure what ever you decide you will be very happy with.
Just my opinion :cheers

·
Adrenaline Junkie
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the honesty. Integrety is all I ask for in everyones coments. Good luck with your new RR.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I came off of a 01 gsxr750 to the 600rr and don't regret it one bit. I miss some of the power of the 750 from time to time but I'm just as fast in the twisties on the 600rr as I was on the gsxr. The brakes on the rr are alot better in my opinion, and the handling is about the same maybe alittle better on the RR, I do miss the low end of the 750 but that's about it. It took alittle while to get use to the seat but now it's fine.
I would be happy w/either bike to be honest, but I just wanted to try out the 600RR and that was the only reason I got rid of the gsxr.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, not much of a difference in handling. Did the tank on the 750 feel awkward? I know it's a little stout.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Never have ridden a GSX-R 750 but my RR is...for me, like nothing else I've ever ridden. I'm not a speed rider but in the curves it responds with just a thought, interstate I can just squeeze my thigh to change lanes it seems.
Bud of mine has a 750 and a Kawi ZX-9 and said if it wasn't for the stock seat of the RR being like a plank he'd snatch it from me.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bud of mine has a 750 and a Kawi ZX-9 and said if it wasn't for the stock seat of the RR being like a plank he'd snatch it from me.
That's funny. It appears that this is a common complaint however, it is one that a serious rider can live with. So, other than the seat, the ergonomics are good to go?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
USMC MAD HATTER said:
So, other than the seat, the ergonomics are good to go?

Yepp,I've got a little over 33,000 miles on mine and I love every second of it.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
USMC MAD HATTER said:
So, not much of a difference in handling. Did the tank on the 750 feel awkward? I know it's a little stout.
Not at all.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I don't know... I'm still kind of leaning towards the 750. I was quoted $8,399 brand new. All the extra admin fees were only $400. The place is called Champion Cycle out of Chicago. I just thought something heavy would have maybe changed my mind. Thank you for your help guys. I won't be buying for a few more months, so if anything else comes up that might persuade me to think otherwise... Please let me know. :smilierr

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
There's nothing wrong w/the 750 it's a great bike and wouldn't mind another one, maybe in the future.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sound good to me. Thank you NATAS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
seating position on the rr is much more aggressive than the other sportbikes i have had. seat is like riding on a plank of wood. don't get me wrong i love the bike and knew all of this before i bought it. my biggest gripe is the seat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
same here the seat is not to be desired. Other then that the bike is friggin awesome. Ive owned mine since last weds and have 75 miles on it so far. I try to ride it when ever I can now that Im more used to the bike but the weather has not been very good today and wont be tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts