Votes: 13 19.1%
  • more than 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick poll... during your first year riding how many times (if any) did you go down?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
2 because you didn't have 3 :p

First time I had mud on my tires from when I used to park the bike on the back porch.. thought the mud would sling off by 50 mph, took a sharp slow left turn and dropped it in the middle of the intersection.

Second time I locked the brakes up in the oil strip and went down :urowned

Third time some guy left-turned in front of me and instead of jumping into the turn lane to wait for a break in traffic, he just stopped in my lane and I hit his rear quarter panel

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Fortunately after 12 years nothing to report. Knock-knock...

·
Registered
535 Posts
1 for me...

i lost my balance and fell over sitting on the bike in my driveway, about a day after i bought it. i guess its better than going down while out riding...

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
ArcanaSV said:
1 for me...

i lost my balance and fell over sitting on the bike in my driveway, about a day after i bought it. i guess its better than going down while out riding...
same heh

really swallowed my pride that day

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I was practicing my braking in in my neighborhood the first day I got mine, unfortunately the tires were brand new and still slick, hit some gravel and slid off into some grass. Cracked a little plastic but no big deal, fixed it for less than $100. Just recently I halfway dropped it in my garage, I was wheeling it in and I accidentally knocked the sidestand up when leaning it back over and I let it down very easily on the frame sldier and bar end. Somehow I managed to dent the tank, even though it didnt hit anything :confused:

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
once for me, front wheel locked up when I braked for a turn and the wheel was on top of some wet leaves.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
well riding dirt bikes i went down quite a bit even at high speeds, but none that i didnt brush myself off and get back up from. i can tell you that i have crashed 1000x harder on my BMX bikes than any motorcycle i ever been on, but that was just b/c i been really lucky. never had any street bike experiance, but im hoping i have the same luck with street bikes when i get 1 as i did with dirt bikes

·
Registered
966 Posts
I went down once on the street, but I dont know if I qualify since the others were on the track.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts