Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you're riding down the road, the weather is nice and you have your visor partially open. Out of nowhere, a f*%king wasp flies right in under the visor, gets trapped beside your face and goes crazy, buzzing and fumbling around. It happened to me today and scared the hell out of me. I signaled and pulled over to the side of the road, tried to get my helmet off but ended up reaching in and swishing the damn thing out.

Amazingly, it never stung me, but if it had (it was right beside my eye) I'm afraid to think what would have happened. I'm not a baby, but getting stung hurts like hell, the last time I got it, it felt like someone drove a white hot nail straight through my hand.

·
Registered
488 Posts
holy fuck beans.. i would have def leaped off the bike.. your a better man than i..

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definitely took some effort to maintain my composure as I pulled over and turned the bike off. I just kept saying "I'm a friend of bugs, I'm a friend of bugs" (I photograph bugs). I still thought I was going to get stung any second with the way it was scrambling around.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Flip your viser up the next time(there will be a next time),the wind will flush it out.

But when you get one in your jackett is when it sucks,you can't get it off before it stings you.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Happened to a friend of mine, only it was a yellow jacket, and he was stung mutiple times. At least the didn't wipe out. That's why I keep my face shield closed unless I'm stopped at a light... don't know that I could keep my composure to keep the rubber side down.

·
Super Duper Paratrooper
378 Posts
I had something similiar to this happen to me just the other day. I was riding witht the visor up a tad getting fresh air and next thing I knew out of the corner of my eye was a freaking bee! just sitting on the inside of the chin section, I was like holy shit! Now mind you it wasn't a humongous bumblebee but a smaller one (i don't even know if these can sting or not) but I held my breath for about a minute till I coulg pull over and rip my helmet off and get that thing outta there. I've never been stung so who knows if I'm alergic who knows what could have happened.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I had something similar happen about a month ago, now. Honeybee went up through my MOUTHPIECE and landed on my nose, flew about inside my helmet while I pulled over (onto a rocky dirt road no less) and get the fugger OUT of my helmet. I've been stung a couple times before, and I'm not allergic, but I HAVE been stung in the eye once, and I don't reccomend it to people who are looking for a good time.

In other news, I also found a dead be on my helmet after a lengthy ride today. It was fully intact, with the stinger still stuck to the hard rubber strip along the bottom of my helmet, under my back. Dunno if it got caught in my hair or what, but it rather amused me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey Corporal!

Just have to say I love your avatar. You do it yourself?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nothing like that but I had a small insect get stuck in between my head and the cusion of my helmet liner. That last 2 miles I was wonder if the little bugger was alive or not.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I haven't had a bee fly into my helmet yet, but I had a Bumble Bee drill me in the neck the other day. It hit me so hard that my neck welted up. And how do I know that it was a Bumble Bee that hit me? Because when I took my helmet off, the little bastard was wedged between my chin strap and the side of the helmet. I'm pretty sure if he would have stung me I would have been a little bit of pain. :eek:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I know what you're saying. I had an insect fly in my helmet last fall, when I finally got it pulled over and tried to take the helmet off, the damn thing starting stinging the piss out of me on the left temple, that soft spot between your eye and your ear. Finally got it off and realized it was a wasp when I saw him fall out of my helmet. It hurt so damn bad that I turned around and went home, thankfully I was only about 3/4mi from the house.

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
njssli22 said:
holy fuck beans.. i would have def leaped off the bike.. your a better man than i..
***DIIIIEEEESSS***

You men are making me WEAK over here...handling 750 cc's with EASE but ditching the bike in an instant to get away from a bee?

I know, I know, it's nothing to mess with when you are stuck between it and your helmet or jacket but lord, this thread is killing me with jokes!

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I went on a ride several years ago (following in a cage) and my former boss was on the ride and he had one fly in his helmet (open, half sheild helmet). Man, I thought that he was going down... he was all over the road, finally stopped and got it out, his face was stung like 7-8 times.

A few weeks ago, I got in bed and apparently a bumble bee thought that it would make a nice bed for him too... well, I got stung on my side 5 times. Doesn't really bother me, but it does hurt. I was WTF. I did get my revenge on the bee! :)

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brownilus said:
You men are making me WEAK over here...handling 750 cc's with EASE but ditching the bike in an instant to get away from a bee?
It is pretty funny how such a little thing can scare the hell out of 'ya, but cut us some slack, some of them are mean as hell. Here's the kind that got into my helmet yesterday, it's a paper wasp.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've experienced a similar situation. I was riding down the road, as you describe, on a beautiful morning as the sun was rising. Visor open, the scent of flowers in the air, a mix of warm and cool breezes.

In a moment, my peace was shattered. To this day I have no idea how I did not crash. Something large and furry hit me in the face and began scrabbling around inside my helmet. I couldn't see anything! So after a few panicked moments, I managed to get hold of the thing, and felt sharp bites on my hand. I pulled it out and lo and behold I beheld a chihuahua, snarling and foaming at the mouth like a crack whore on the rag. I tossed that puppy at some dude on a moped and kept on ridin'.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
This also happened to me!

I was riding near a park and the damn thing came straight into my face. It was angry, and tried to stung me, but it stunged the helmet liner!

I stoped and pulled it, but it was dead as the tail was on the liner...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts