Sport Bikes banner

How many RG's in the garage?

17K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Oiler 
#1 ·
This will be a fun forum. To start, how many of us have more than one RG500? With the rarity of the Gamma, I find it interesting that so many owners have multiple RG's. I have several (seems to fluctuate between 2 and 3). If these are so hard to find, why do some people end up with more than one?

Manny

#7 ·
That's a nice CH, Carsten! What wheels are you running? I had a blue CH from Italy back in '89 that I purchased from the original owner who imported it into CA using DPL EuroStyle (a gray market importer in San Francisco back in the day). This poor fellow uncrated it himself and proceeded to ride 983kms before the motor locked up. He didn't put any gear oil in it.

Currently, I have 5 running and 5 non running Gammas. I will try to post a few pictures.

Rick

#9 ·
Cool scoot, Lee! I really like the blend of old and new for bodywork. Looks like an elegant solution for the USD front end and lower bars. I would like to see a dash shot. Did you go with triple clamp mounted RGV or some method of mounting the stock dash? The rear wheel looks to be 4.5" perhaps?

Rick

#12 ·
Man, gold Astralites on a Wolf are bitchen. Btw, how old do you have to be to recognize those wheels?

If I was good at PhotoShop, I'd put some oil and crud on that thing just to see what one of your machines looks like dirty.

Do you do detailing for a living?:bowdown

Rick

#16 ·
Blue Beauty

Mr2Stroke,

Have you had a chance to ride that beauty yet? How does it run? What is the state of tune? That bike is stunning! I love classic blue and white RG's that are still recognizable as a Gamma. I would love to see that one in person someday.

Manny

#17 ·
Mr2Stroke,

Have you had a chance to ride that beauty yet? How does it run? What is the state of tune? That bike is stunning! I love classic blue and white RG's that are still recognizable as a Gamma. I would love to see that one in person someday.

Manny
Im liking the over-braced swingarm, dymag wheels, brembo brakes, Lance bodywork, looks like Jolly Moto pipes. thats a nice ride..Is it a big bore?

#18 ·
Just one.... but much cared for.

CH model (1989 original registration Germany).

Own it for seven years now in the Netherlands, where this paint scheme is not much seen (only the 1985-86 blue/white G-models where sold here).

Always a smile on my face when driving it (and blasting out my brother in law's RGV 250...):)

Regards,

Ruud

Attachments

#21 ·
That Toronto Gamma guy would be me! Cheers Luis. I see a Walter Wolf in your stable. It looks like a Canadian model, did you pass on the Japanese model you were looking at last year? I'd like to see an aerial photo of your collection, as would others in this group I'm sure. I truly envy your collection...I know that you have an RC30 in there somewhere!

#28 ·
Gamma count has increased! 3.9 Gammas now

Heres my que at home. I have bought the new generation set of Toomey pipes and kit for my RZ350. The old ones are going on ebay soon. Missing is my prize low km stock blue/w rg500 at my shop. These are 2 RG500 and 1 RG400, I am moving parts around on 2 of them, the other is a project bike that should be finished this year. Just bought one RG500 in Canada, it looks like a new bike and is mostly stock. My RG400 is a Silver JDM WW, now has Blue and White paint. I will paint the project body work WW silver so my RG400 is 100% correct. The RG400 only has Lance filter, float valves, and jets, its speed/acceleration is awesome, highly recommend getting one!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.