Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride the FZ6 because it works so well for so many things... goes like stink, but doesn't make me pretend to be a boy racer in the process.

How many here have racing leathers, and ride in them on the street?

·
Registered
734 Posts
So if I wear leathers on my weekend ride in the mountains I'm a poser???

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I ride the FZ6 because it works so well for so many things... goes like stink, but doesn't make me pretend to be a boy racer in the process.

How many here have racing leathers, and ride in them on the street?
Boy did you open a can of worms! I personally don't but I live in Florida, if I lived somewhere that had some nice twisties I would wear them. I don't think taking extra steps to insure your health if you go down makes you a poser!

·
I like curves.
2,090 Posts
Boy did you open a can of worms!
Indeed.

NO I dont wear leathers when I go to the liquor store.

YES I wear leathers when I go on the canyons or go on a long ride.

NO Wearing leathers dont make you a poser. Unless, youre wearing a one piece racing suit and going to "squeeze and scoop" (a yogurt place in Pasadena here, I've seen two dudes in one piece leathers there last week )

Someone can still ask does this mean you are a poser? not necessarily, but most likely. Unless you are dragging knee on the way from your apartment to squeeze and scoop.

·
mega troll lol
22 Posts
motorcycle safety is for posers! i always wear my flip flops, shorts, and tank top with my no dot half helm.

LOL

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
all gear all the time no matter what. thinking that makes you a poser should make you do some self-reflection.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think a one piece suit might be a little excessive, BUT I wouldn't wear anything less than a leather motorcycle jacket and some thick pants and gloves, and of course a helmet.
But if you plan on hitting the twisties or pushing your bike to the limits, of course go ahead and put that racing suit on.

someone on here has a signature that says "Sweat dries off, road rash doesn't". I agree.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Both of my crashes in my youth were within 5 minutes of home on "short rides". If I'd been wearing proper gear (instead of just a helmet, t-shirt, jeans and runners), my knees and back would be in a lot better shape than they are now. :(
I now wear ATGATT...whether it's for a 15 minute ride or all day.
There's nothing "poserish" about wearing leathers....afaic, the posers are the ones in the shorts and t-shirts. ;)

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
Didn't buy leathers until I bought the R1, but after riding in them I'd say why not all the time??? Even barely broken in they're bloody comfortable and warm, and for that just in case factor...

I kinda hope nobody buys my leathers (had them for sale in my signature for ages! lol) because I want good gear whenever I get a bike again. :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wear full (Dainese) leathers all the friggin' time unless the heat is on in the "big room".

Road rash and massive bleeding is for **** and "posers".

Technically, mine are not racing leathers because they have no knee pucks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll make sure to tell the guys that I ride with that they're leather wearing pansies are posers. :eek:nfloor There are plenty of roads around here that you don't even have to push it or exceed the speed limit to warrant being safe and wearing full leather. Personally I wear armored over pant and my leather jacket, but that's because I don't ride the track like my friends do. Once I get to a track I'll be wearing full leathers and once I have the suit I'll probably keep the over pants for the work commute and the leathers for the weekend canyon fun; or to pose :twofinger .

·
Registered
549 Posts
Are we 14 and riding skateboards again? Oh look you have $80 skate shoes and an element t-shirt but you can't jump a 20 stair that makes you a poser lolol!11!!

Maybe you need to reevaluate what riding a motorcycle entails. You are on a rocket with an incredibly power to weight ratio, no protection at all, no seatbelt, and you have the ability to go faster than many cars on the road, and when you fall, you fall hard. Wearing leathers is all about protection, and not looking cool.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I aint no poser, man! Baseball cap and sunglasses are as far as I will go when it comes to gear. Better to look cool when I die, than to live looking like a leather wearing pussy.

To the OP: was that a serious question?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts