Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many people ride with a stero system*i have seen it on some street bikes...* or a walkman... i know for a young rider it would not be a good idea... i just wanted to know

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
I've done it about 4 times. I through on my MP3 player. Strap it to my arm under my jacket and run the wires up through my shirt and into my helmet. I usually just do it when im headin to my friends house. It's mostly highway and it's about a half hour away. It gets hard to hear once you get the wind hitting you on the highway, but if you crank it up it's fine.

Although, i don't recommend doing it. When i do it, it's usually late at night and not to busy. During the day id rather have my head in the right place just incase. Also, depending on the music, it can pump you up and make you try some stupid shit. Also not recommended. :twofinger

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
nope.......but i do wear earplugs to have hearing for the future.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I do it when I am going to be on the bike for a while, on the highway or such, I figure people ride on the street with earplugs, these aren't even that bad, plus, if I can do it for a year in iraq as a turret gunner, I can do it on the street in america, at least here, people aren't always blatantly trying to kill you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have tried once with my Ipod, Worked great at slow speeds but wind noise at higher speeds made it usless. Thought of just turning it up but I don't like the idea of not being able to hear anything but the music. I don't think I will ever do it agian.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I'm looking at one of those swoopy communicators that strap to your lid. I want one that has jacks for a cell phone and a cd player/ipod. I saw one on Kneedraggers for $260 with those functions. Really, I don't need the communicator part of it. But the beauty of it is that if listening to music and you get a cell phone call (I'm on call 24h a day for work)it cuts out the radio and routes the call thru.
I also want a helmet specific set up because just using earphones gets kinda painful on the ears after awhile.
So the answer is that I don't ride with tunes now, but I want to.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Solly, I work with a guy who has his radar detector, CD player, and cell all wired through his helmet. I'll see if he has any recommendations for you.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have tried riding with music a few times, but never really enjoyed it. Mostly it was because my HJC helmet isn't very quiet so it was difficult to hear music over wind noise. Now, I just use ear plugs whenever I ride.

I may give it a shot again for cruising rides when I get a new, quieter helmet (Arai, perhaps).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep. I ride w/ music most of the time. I just use a Panasonic CD player in my tank bag or back pack w/ a pair of Sony bud style ear phones. The only times I don't ride w/ music are during heavy city traffic or when I'm making frequent stops. I usually avoid music during group rides as well.

Personally, I don't see a real problem with it. It doesn't cause me any problems or distract me in the least. Actually, it helps me stay focused a lot of times.

·
Registered
168 Posts
RACER X said:
nope.......but i do wear earplugs to have hearing for the future.
I got pulled a while back (45 in a 35) it was the first time I'd ever worn ear-plugs and the cop was an ass about them...said they were illegal and he should give me a ticket for wearing them?

·
Registered
104 Posts
mercutio80 said:
Solly, I work with a guy who has his radar detector, CD player, and cell all wired through his helmet. I'll see if he has any recommendations for you.
cell?? what's he gonna do answer it while he's riding?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh so many different answers... I know i could stay focus..the only thing i would be afraid of is someone hunking at me or a police with their lights on... but with ear plugs in it would be almost the same,...or would it?
I know people have huge speakers in their cars and can't hear anything, and it usually doesn't do that much harm.

·
Registered
95 Posts
use to have a helmet the was wired like that and it had a special speaker that was bent to fit the helmet and it was sound coated and when the music or cell was off it was made to controll outside noise if you unplug it or fell off the bike you couldnt hear nothing and the controll fit next to the throttle

i really liked the helmet but i had about 40 hours of airbrush on it and when my girl left i gave it to her she never rides or anything but that is what we had together and i dont think she would ride with anyone esle she said somthing like that i dont even know if she liked to ride but we did it all the time

but i gave it to her to remeber me or something i dont know maybe im just been stupid

oh well later

sketch,

Master airbrush and tattoo artist

·
Registered
981 Posts
TheHub02ss said:
I got pulled a while back (45 in a 35) it was the first time I'd ever worn ear-plugs and the cop was an ass about them...said they were illegal and he should give me a ticket for wearing them?
thats bs. if he did u could fight it cuz u can actually hear BETTER with earplugs in. w/o them all u hear is wind.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i ride w/ my MiniDisc all the time, if i'm wearing my leathers, I stuff it in the pocket back my underarm and snake the headphones up thru the neckline under the helmet. ii haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mikel222 said:
I was just wondering how many people ride with a stero system*i have seen it on some street bikes...* or a walkman... i know for a young rider it would not be a good idea... i just wanted to know

I have a chatter box which accepts my mp3 player. I listen to music only on the freeway for long rides so I don't get bored. As soon as I get anywhere near a twisty tunes off and focus on the road.

I do however highly recommend NOT using music if you do not have extensive street experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All the time. I stuff my mp3 player in my jacket pocket or in my pants and run the wires up my shirt. Koss plugs work real well!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I have before, but not around town.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
TheHub02ss said:

In alot of states they are illegal to wear along with listening to headphones while driving. I know in cali (or used to be) that if they wanted to really enforce it the only earplugs you can wear are custom ones. They cost about 30 bucks or so to get done.

Even if it was legal to ride with your walkman blasting I wouldn't want to. wouldn't want to be startled by it.

I think the rationale for them not being legal is that you would not be able to hear emergency sirens as they are heading your way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts