Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Busa in March, ive never had a bike that was so fun...its really gotten me into riding like never before.

Anyways I have ridden 7800 miles since March 30th so 4 months.
I am on my second front and my third back tire.

The longest trip I have made was 1400 miles over 3 days. I dont commute to work either. I basically ride it every day after work for a few hours, then on my days off I take longer rides, 200-300 miles.

I am seriously considering upgrading to an 06' Gixxer 1K after trying one out for several hours. I bet that bike will be even more addicting. Comfort is really excellent compared to my Busa.

Who else here is a riding fool? How many miles have you ridden this year?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've had too many other obligations this year along with bad weather and having a nasty habit of waking up at 5PM, about 1500 on my 636, 1000 on my old 954, 1500 on my F2 I'd guestimate (no speedo or tach) hopefully I can get some time to ride soon (and good weather) and I'll get another 5k on my 636 before the season ends.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Usually can ride into work 3 or 4 days a week.. I don't mind the hot days as much as the afternoon thunderstorms.. Probably put 2,500 this summer..

Almost impossible to ride on the weekend with 2 little girls (3 year old, and 11 month old).. plus having a new house is a bitch.. so many things to do... plus we go camping/boating/dirt bike on the weekends I'm free..

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i'm pathetic - i have more miles on the track than on the street

·
Registered
760 Posts
8,000 miles thus far.

Jason

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I've only managed 2100 so far this year. I only got 3400 last year and it looks like I'm on pace for that again.

I only ride Saturdays or Sundays when I can get out and hit the real back roads. That takes some time to get out there and back. So it's hard to get out on a weeknight and have an enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
912 Posts
3500 since I bought the Kat March 17th. This is my first bike, and I anticipate having 10k miles by October.

·
Registered
207 Posts
on my new 919 I've had since early june. I've put on about 2700 miles. My riding season isn't near as long as some people's though seeing as I live in Wyoming.

·
Registered
361 Posts
about 2500 on my bike, hopefully will manage another 5~600 this weekend, but I am in the same boat as the other guy, new house, and ALOT of other obligations. I am hoping now that the house is settled to be able to manage another 3K by the end of the year.

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
I have no clue how far I've gone since Jan but, I went about 4000 last month. I wanna say about 11- 12K this year.

I did ride 2500 miles over 4 days in March. 900 of it in one day. Took 16 hours and 5 of it through intense thunder storms. I would have gone further but my back tire blew out 80 miles from home and I had to get a friend to come get me.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Commuting to work w/ my bike. 3,000 miles since May 1, and prob. put another 2,500 or so on it before it's stored for the winter.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I've put on around 6,000 miles so far. I think 50 of them have come in July, damn heat!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts