Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have put my tank pad too high, 1st time I have used one out of the 4 bikes I have owned. If I take it off what are the odds its going to strip some paint/clearcoat off the tank?

·
5,455 Posts
it won't mess up your paint. at worst you'll have some sticky residue that'll be a pain to clean off. those things aren't reusable though, so you'll be buying another $20 sticker.

location is personal preference. i've seen them up even higher than yours so they curve right around the gas tank. i usually put mine right down my the seat since that's where i actually saw wear on the paint when i didn't use one.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I put mine right down to the seat (though I don't have one right now). Reason being that most of the wear that your tank will get is from the zipper/front of your jacket rubbing against the tank.

·
freetors
640 Posts
When I had my sv650 I used some clear 3m film over a pretty large area. I personally think that the commercially available protectors just look silly with the graphics and tribal patterns.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I had my sv650 I used some clear 3m film over a pretty large area. I personally think that the commercially available protectors just look silly with the graphics and tribal patterns.
I agree with this and leaning towards just taking it off, don't know why I need it, I never made one scratch on my tank with my other 3 bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts