Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South-Central PA, I'm hoping in the next 2-3 weeks the weather breaks.
Give me what you think on how much longer till spring.:confused::(:what:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here in North Georgia Easter is the official gateway to spring. We usually have our last "cold snap" around the holiday. After that it usually gets warm and stays warm.

I'm looking foward to warmer weather

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Why wait til spring? Get and out and ride now! If it's doable up here in northeast PA, it should be doable in your neck of the woods. Heated gloves and you're good to go.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its do-able here too but I don't have the cold gear :(

I pass a rider every morning on my way home and I must confess, he's a b***** man than me. AM temps have been in the lower 20's for the past several days :brrr

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Max, you are the man! I usually don't ride under 30 degrees. Although I did ride today. :)

jwray, it should be warm in about 4 weeks, you could wear rain gear over summer gear with a sweatshirt underneath, that should help you ride when it's cold. Plus tuck your jeans into your boots and buys some warmer gloves. Also in 4 weeks the Christian Sport Bike Association will be riding down to Lancaster area for our monthly ride. All bikes and beliefs are welcome. Think Spring!! :lgh2

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why wait til spring? Get and out and ride now! If it's doable up here in northeast PA, it should be doable in your neck of the woods. Heated gloves and you're good to go.

[/QUOTE

Was this pic taken at the Francis Walter dam? And at least you have the bike on where the roadway normally is in the summer... Hahah.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Max, you are the man! I usually don't ride under 30 degrees. Although I did ride today. :)

jwray, it should be warm in about 4 weeks, you could wear rain gear over summer gear with a sweatshirt underneath, that should help you ride when it's cold. Plus tuck your jeans into your boots and buys some warmer gloves. Also in 4 weeks the Christian Sport Bike Association will be riding down to Lancaster area for our monthly ride. All bikes and beliefs are welcome. Think Spring!! :lgh2
Haha. Thanks. Roads were actually clear. I just putted through the snowy parking area for the picture.

Was this pic taken at the Francis Walter dam? And at least you have the bike on where the roadway normally is in the summer... Hahah.
Yep! Sure was. The water level is low now. I wasn't on the ice or anything.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
We need to get Max a set of knobbies for his SV650.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Swap the tires out for a snowmobile track rig. I'm sure it can be done...
I haven't had my bike out since the blizzard dumped 3 feet of snow on us due to salt and the fact that all the water from melting snow freezes into ice as soon as the sun goes down. But the snow had mostly melted now and the rain has washed away a lot of the salt, so I think the bike is coming out soon.

Just be wary of the giant potholes out there! Last winter I bent a rim on my FZ1 hitting one. That was a $600 rim, luckily I found one on ebay for $250. The Aprilia/Marchesini wheels are a lot pricier!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think in south central PA it will be constantly in the 50's and 60's by this coming weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone looking to ride today? It is a little windy but oh well. I'm in Ship, PA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts