Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, if you'll remember i took my bike in almost two weeks ago (TPS prob.), the tech said he called yamaha friday and left message, then tried a couple times monday and today, but yamaha has not called the dealer back yet, anybody know how long them clowns take to call them back, this is starting to piss me off. i work for a dealer and when we call technical assistance we have answers usually within 1 hour if not right when we call! so this is very disturbing, i think if by mid-day tom. they havent called back, i will be trying to get ahold of the regional warranty guy myself. :banana
ride safe everyone!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Are you sure he's actually calling anyone at all, and not just jerking you around?? That seems a little strange. No one else has had prob. getting ahold of Yamaha that i know of.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This reminds me of that Midas oe Aamco commercial that the guy kept seeing his car in the parking lot of the repair shop while riding past on the city bus. When he he called the owner told him that he had his three best guys on his car. The cut shot went to show the three mechanics laying on his hood eating lunch.

This is why I will learn how to fix anything that goes wrong with a motorized vehicle that I own. Like someone on this board once said "at least this way you know who's trying to kill you".

Good luck my friend, warranty or not, it's sometimes not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What the HELL was that all about. Who are these stealers you speak of, and why did you find it important to post it for us????

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had a new truck do a big end bearing after only 26,000 kms, after two weeks off the road the dealer was screwing me around with things like have anyone changed the oil that was not us, did anyone do this do anyone do that etc etc.

I said why the hell did you not ask all these questions two bloody weeks back when i could tell you the answers back then.

I told him i would now deal with it and the two weeks loss of work the truck being off the road has caused my company.

So i rang the area manager who was very upset at what had happened, he told me the truck was best repaired where it was because it was in 100 parts.

I got a call three days later to say it was all finished and to pick it up.

Four weeks later the dealer had new management but i have never been back. But at least the main body DID something.

I don't know if my names in a book or something but i have been treated like gold at the dealer repair centre i use now.

The area manager i have found out moves things along just so much better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
rah7777777 said:
hello everyone, if you'll remember i took my bike in almost two weeks ago (TPS prob.), the tech said he called yamaha friday and left message, then tried a couple times monday and today, but yamaha has not called the dealer back yet, anybody know how long them clowns take to call them back, this is starting to piss me off. i work for a dealer and when we call technical assistance we have answers usually within 1 hour if not right when we call! so this is very disturbing, i think if by mid-day tom. they havent called back, i will be trying to get ahold of the regional warranty guy myself. :banana
ride safe everyone!!
HA! I thought it was just me. I've had my bike at the dealorship for the last 2 weeks too. Same thing, they are waiting to hear back from that Yamaha HQ. I called Monday and the service guy told me the one that is contacting HQ was out from a death in the family, so i'm gonna try back later today and see what they are going to do.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
WISPER said:
What the HELL was that all about. Who are these stealers you speak of, and why did you find it important to post it for us????
Stealers=Dealers... Not the team Steelers... :eek:nfloor Welp for one thing, they're over-priced. And at the beginning of the riding season here, they actually treat you like they don't want your business. Even need an appointment to get an oil change a week in advance!!!!

Anyways, I got my first maintenance last year and that takes care of the warranty. Now I do all the maintenance myself.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
segue00 said:
Stealers=Dealers... Not the team Steelers... :eek:nfloor Welp for one thing, they're over-priced. .
As are the Steelers. (over paid) :eek:nfloor

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i called today, but the guy i have been talking to was out for the day, was out tue. as well. the other guy had no idea whats going on with it. so i figured i would wait untill tom. then call the dealer, if by then they have heard nothing, the regional guy will be called by lunch time with a angry little dwarf on the other end(me), we will see!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
rah7777777 said:
well i called today, but the guy i have been talking to was out for the day, was out tue. as well. the other guy had no idea whats going on with it. so i figured i would wait untill tom. then call the dealer, if by then they have heard nothing, the regional guy will be called by lunch time with a angry little dwarf on the other end(me), we will see!!
Just out of curiousity, which dealership did you drop yours off at? Mines sitting at Yamaha/Suzuki West in Fort Worth.

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
at motion in garland(i think garland anyways) but they finally got word from yamaha to replace tps, YES!!!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
rah7777777 said:
at motion in garland(i think garland anyways) but they finally got word from yamaha to replace tps, YES!!!
Could you please post one up on the NHTSA--- see linky. Thanks

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts