Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna hear what u guys and gals have to say. The first time I ever rode a bike was on a 2 hour trip home from Panama City, Fl, to Pensacola, Fl. Yeah I'm a dumbass, but I'm not into really pushing myself to my limits either, so since I got my bike in November, I have yet to fall off. Starting to get scared though, as it seems most people fall pretty early in their biking career.

Anyway, just wanna hear what u guys have to say.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
If you're speaking in terms of sportbikes, I had been on mine less than 6 months and just put a new set of tires on...I was leaving a parking lot and gave it a little too much gas and spun out at about 5-10mph...Embarrassing to say the least :eek:

Good thing you're not asking how many times altogether :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
I rode for 3 yrs no problems. As soon as I started stunt'n' I think it took about 4hrs and I had her on the ground try'n' sit downs! :cry

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Saying you will eventually fall is like saying you will eventually get in a car accident. Yeah, it could happen and as you rack up the miles, it may become more probable. But to say that it's totally unavoidable is nuts. Never lose focus nor do dumb stuff and always try to anticipate what other drivers will do and you'll drastically reduce the probability of a get-off.

Now, having said all that, does dropping the bike at 0 mph count? I've done that twice so far. Once very early on while parking at a curb the first time. The second time was walking the bike in the driveway from the right side and not noticing that the side stand wasn't locked down any more. Bushes and my helmet (the bike fell on it) saved that one. :nerd

·
Registered
268 Posts
I dropped it once at 0 mph within the first week. Downhill driveway, backwards, etc, etc. Saved it with my leg though! 5,ooo miles of actual riding and no "down time" yet. Always dressed for the occasion though.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
mmmmm prolly with in the first yr I did it twice. Once for turning my head to look at someone at a stop light, lost my balance and second at Road America. Got in some gravel.. haha! oh well....

·
Registered
912 Posts
nope nothin yet

·
Registered
61 Posts
almost 16,000 miles before my first get off. . . Unfortunately I had just broken up with the girlfriend of 2 years, and decided to go riding. BIG MISTAKE TO SAY THE LEAST and I knew better from the MSF CLASS. Thankfully I had just got on and went down at 15 mph 1/4 mile away from my house. That woke me up real quick and I just returned home, someone was looking out for me that night, because it might have been alot worse.

So to the N00bs stay off of the bike if you have alot on your mind.. .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been street riding for 7 months and 6000miles so far. Had a deer run out in front of me the other month, other than that been fine. I ride extremly conservitive.....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
4 years after my first street bike. It was my only transportation for those years and I had about 50,000 miles on the bike including a trans-america trip. Never really had a bad crash off-road. Some idiot reading a map was sitting at an intersection and made a left turn in my path. He went fast enough to avoid the car right next to me in the right lane, but not me. I ended up on top of his car. When He finally freaking stopped, I jumped off, went back to my girlfriend, saw she was OK. I was able to slow down enough that it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I can't remember exactly but less than six months.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
probably about 10 months. low sided in a turn at about 50-60 mph. only a few scratches, nothing big.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts