Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious... if I am stopped at a light and in neutral.. sometimes while shifting my bike back into first... it really SLAMS into gear.... does this sound normal... cuz it is a little embarrassing.. I don't want people to think my bike is a pc. of [email protected]#$ or I don't know how to ride.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Mine clunks into 1st as well. BTW Qwik, I ran across a 2001 RC-51 signed edition for $6995 the other day.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Mine clunks into 1st as well. BTW Qwik, I ran across a 2001 RC-51 signed edition for $6995 the other day.
Nice. I think the '01s were a little heavier than the 02+ models. Plus a little less HP. Still nice. Is that the Hayden signed one?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Yup, my RC clunks into first hard too. Not as hard as my Kawi though.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
my bike also clunks into first but every bike I've owned has done it to some extent.

·
20,852 Posts
mikem317 said:
Nice. I think the '01s were a little heavier than the 02+ models. Plus a little less HP. Still nice. Is that the Hayden signed one?

Yep! Dats da one!

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OFFICER737 said:
Awesome... I don't think I have ever seen the signed edition.. I will have to google it and take a look at some pics......... Well... this gives me a little relief. I thought their might have been something wrong with my bike cuz it doens't seem to do it all the time. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
How about when shifting into second? does anyone still get a clunk? my 03 954 has a pronounced one when going into second.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
son123 said:
How about when shifting into second? does anyone still get a clunk? my 03 954 has a pronounced one when going into second.
My 03 RC51 sometimes clunks in second as well... sometimes I notice when shifting up to second if I pause or cost in neutral then go to second I will hear a clunk. Not as loud as the one in first gear but a clunk none-the-less.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't think it's anything to worry about, could be normal. I don't get any clunking once I get into 3rd and up etc. probably just happens with lower gears. Maybe it happens because we are shifting past neutral to get to second?

·
20,852 Posts
QWIK1 said:
Awesome... I don't think I have ever seen the signed edition.. I will have to google it and take a look at some pics......... Well... this gives me a little relief. I thought their might have been something wrong with my bike cuz it doens't seem to do it all the time. Thanks guys!

Here's the one I found

Attachments

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OFFICER737 said:
Here's the one I found
Thanks officer.... that is AWESOME!

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
QWIK1 said:
Just curious... if I am stopped at a light and in neutral.. sometimes while shifting my bike back into first... it really SLAMS into gear.... does this sound normal... cuz it is a little embarrassing.. I don't want people to think my bike is a pc. of [email protected]#$ or I don't know how to ride.

but, your bike IS a pc. of [email protected]#$. HA! Just kidding man. just friendly banter, that's all. don't get all upset.

my 02 954 slams in like the world is ending.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey now... can't we all just get along.......... :bitchslap

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you rev match while you are going into second it wont make that clunk. But 90% of the time you'll get it in first. Its normal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts