Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to finally get my motorcycle license today after having my permit for oh 8 months. Just been lazy for lack of a better reason as to why I didn't go get it before. Anyhow, it was about 90 degrees here today, but with the humidity factored in, the heat index was 101. Trying to be as responsible as possible for the test, I went in my leather jacket, helmet, textile pants, and boots. The tester looked at me as if I was crazy when I showed up. She goes ok, turn ur bike around and come to me so that I'm situated in front of the cones. So I'm waiting for further instructions to start the test and she goes, turn off ur bike, and get off it NOW. I'm like ok, I must have already done something wrong. She goes, take off your jacket and gloves right now....i'm like no maam, i'm ok. She goes no i'm serious, you're going to make ME pass out if you don't. hhahah I just started laughing and complied, and she goes I'll hold ur stuff. Shes like now don't tell anybody I told you to do that. hahahah So basically I did the test, and only did 2 exercises, and she goes, its too hot out here, thats good enough. hahahha
Comments?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
and that makes you quailfied to ride the streets........pretty scarry

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
was she physically hot? ..........if so you should have given her a ride

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Its more than we have to do...we only have written test here.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congratulations! It's nice every once in a while to hear someone say they passed no problem (even if you maybe didn't have to work too hard for it) instead of the constant whining about how hard and unfair the test is. Again, Congrats!

·
Registered
592 Posts
back when i took my test i had on my jacket and gloves when i went and i was sweating my ass off the lady kept asking if i was hot and telling me wow you must be hot this went on for like 5min befoer i could take the test. and as soon as i finished 100mph down the closet interstate to cool off tes ibkt 100 cause thats all she could handle

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's good to know that the workers at the DMV are so dedicated.

Insisting that you take of safety gear, not completing the test, you should file a complaint. That is how morons get motorcycle endorsements and give most of us a bad name.

·
Registered
139 Posts
how funny is this?

not funny at all imho. i can't help but wonder how many riders without proper ability/skill..etc have received their endorsement because it was too hot/too much trouble for the tester. i took(and passed first try) the dmv test even before i took the msf course. my tester was on my case the whole time even though he admitted to me later that he had seen me practice and was happy to see the effort/time i had put into developing the skills to ride. to be honest, i wasn't even sure i'd passed until he asked if i wanted to update my lic pic or just use the one they had on file. to me it's bad for motorcycling(image wise) and the rider specifically(safety wise) to give them the endorsement without fully verifying that they have at least the bare minimum of skill. the implications are vast and serious. they range from degradation public view of riders(by witnessing unqualifed riders) to the health risks(including death) of the unqualified rider due to false confidence. this is not an indictment of your skill/ability as a rider, just my opinions on handing out endorsements w/o the proper testing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts