Sport Bikes banner
41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I cringed when I read this, I don't think I want to see it, man - quit the tripod while you're ahead!

Mark_FZ6 said:
162 indacated in early january 32* outside on a sunday morning. A few other times I've done between 150-160 it usualy stops pulling at 160 though I need to look at my rpms but I think it is just shy of the redline lol. Oh I was on Hwy 59 everytime and I only do it when I have a straight shot no traffic. I have also done 120-130 standing with one foot in the air and one foot on the seat and both hands on the handle bar I call it the tripod lol I will try to get a pic of it, and another pic of my speedo when I am going that fast lol.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wait.......Am I missing something? When did Extremelly Stupid became sinonimous to Cool?

·
Registered
803 Posts
FAZtER said:
Wait.......Am I missing something? When did Extremelly Stupid became sinonimous to Cool?
Its loosely considered to be cool depending on the crowd you run with. The one thing that is a constant is that it quickly becomes ignorant when the knucklehead doing it gets hurt. Hope that helps you out FAZtER.. :beer

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Fastest Fazer

Alright, I just wanted to see who has taken their FZ6 the fastest. I've taken mine up to 135. I know I'm probably gonna get shit for going that fast,:bitchslap but it was on a deserted country rode that I checked for stuff in the road and it was over a 2 mile straight away. When you post your speed if you could list any aftermarket mods with it. Thanks.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Fast enough that I am not going to tell....:lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
2.1437 times the legal speed limit and it wasn't even breathing hard. I will however say the bike hates dirty air (outside turbulence issues). In clean air the bike is on rails....

Hawk

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Stephen Hawk said:
2.1437 times the legal speed limit and it wasn't even breathing hard. I will however say the bike hates dirty air (outside turbulence issues). In clean air the bike is on rails....

Hawk
So, you want us to guess the legal speed limit on the road you were on???:lao

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well 13,800 rpms in topgear I think it was like 165-170 on the speedo lol. I wanna switch to synthetic and put the smaller chain on keep the stock gearing or maybe go to a larger gear up front to bring my rpms down alittle and see what she tops out at.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah, as soon as i posted the other one popped up. Sorry bout this. Maybe I should go through the 17 pages of threads. Or maybe just use the search feature. Either way takes effort and I'm pretty lazy.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I've hit 140 in sixth, but i slowed down before I ran out of road. I could have got it higher, I just didn't feel a need to. Next time I'm on that road I'll start in first and take her as fast as I can on the road. I know when I was at 140 she still had juice left.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Mark_FZ6 said:
Well 13,800 rpms in topgear I think it was like 165-170 on the speedo lol. I wanna switch to synthetic and put the smaller chain on keep the stock gearing or maybe go to a larger gear up front to bring my rpms down alittle and see what she tops out at.
It actually tops out at 12,000 rpm in top gear. There's something in the computer to prevent it from going any higher.

·
Registered
853 Posts
155 mph indicated

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
04Fizzer said:
This has been asked a couple times already actually...
Yep sure has. I merged the two main threads together of this same topic, hopefully people will start to use the elusive search function.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah, we might start doing that. Or maybe people will not even try becuase they know you will just merge them. hmmm... I will make an effort to use the search feature now. sorry for that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
130-135mph on I35 goin to Austin! woo-who nice breeze. Yah know, I saw a review that said the bike tops out at 136mph, but after seeing all these replies and feeling as though I had much more room to go on mine, i don't believe those bas##$ds. :pisson

41 - 60 of 165 Posts