Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Honda CBR900RR that has had a motor upgrade to a 1996 918cc motor. All of the electronics have been swapped and everything works - except the speedometer. I just replaced the Speed Sensor and still have the same results. At what I am thinking is 60mph reads somewhere around 10mph. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could really use the help.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Custom900 said:
I have a 1994 Honda CBR900RR that has had a motor upgrade to a 1996 918cc motor. All of the electronics have been swapped and everything works - except the speedometer. I just replaced the Speed Sensor and still have the same results. At what I am thinking is 60mph reads somewhere around 10mph. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could really use the help.

check around to see if they make a speedo medic for your bike. Some of the sponsor links at the top of the page offers them.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Custom900 said:
You have some b***** problems than that. I dont have the specifics in front of me right now but I am almost positive that the gear ratios all through that bike are different. Primary (crank to clutch) secondary (whatever gear your in) and final drive (sprockets)

As A matter of fact I cant remember if the 94 came with a speed sensor. Now if you swapped harnesses as well you might be alright but I cant see why you would have done that for a simple engine swapp.

More specifics please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts