Sport Bikes banner

How far are you willing to travel for a North American SBN FZ6 meet?

10K views 241 replies 41 participants last post by  Heavy FZ6 
#1 · (Edited)
NA FZ6 Event - Niagara Falls, ON. September 23-24!

FZ6 NA EVENT UPDATES:

It's been a while since I've updated. Here are the latest developments:

DATE: Friday, September 23 - Saturday, September 24.

I imagine most will be working on Friday, so those who are there on Friday will probably simply be meeting for drinks/dinner and posing Friday night. Saturday, we can start the day earlier and have the "main event".

PLACE: Niagara Falls, Ontario

The exact location has not yet been found/decided on. It will most likely be a public park with a large paved parking lot of some sort. If any of you know the area better, suggestions are welcome. We're definately getting a group shot of all of the FZ6's infront of the falls, though, if possible. :)

COST: Minimal

I don't think we're going to need to get any organized permits for this, it is not going to be huge. The only costs involved will be mostly your personal costs for travel expenses and accomodations if you choose to stay for the weekend. We will do a little bit of communal shopping for BBQ supplies (Beer, meat, propane...).

ACTIVITIES: Meeting, Eating, Riding, Posing, Drinking (When you're done riding for the day.)

You Americans, please leave your handguns at home, you will have no need for them in Canada. :p

The Adventurers!!!

The following people have sent me a PM to CONFIRM that they are definately able to make the trip:

Binary Jay - Toronto, ON
ejworthen - Bally, PA
aplmv - NJ
04Fizzer - Rochester, NY
Ryce Krysp + Guest - NYC
klouseau + Husband - St. Catharines, ON

Almost positive but pending something obscure:

qualdoth - Toronto, ON (80%)
gecyr - Solomons Isle, MD (Pending license, and no he doesn't want to talk about it.)
dparadis (Pending Kids)

The following people have stated to varying degrees that they're interested, please PM me ASAP to be added to the confirmed list and to be included in any group rides to the event:

rdy2rd
segue00
drachnyen
KevBelz
Sir Heavy FZ6
Kneedragger
Dennisred69
bikerx75
GijuFZ6
Generalpow
Moochie
fz6java
6ALWAYS
klouseau
FazerChic
rpacker

If I've left any important information out, if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

If you have black rims you'd like to swap for silver ones, PM me.

See less See more
#2 ·
If your as grumpy in person as you are here I don't know. :banana If I could find someone from PA to ride up with I would consider it. Have to look at how far it is. I work weekends so I would have to take time off. At least I would assume you would do it on a weekend. Any idea when and where you might consider doing this?

#3 ·
Perhaps someplace around Niagara Falls, close to the border to make things easier for some of you, I'm open to suggestion. It will be an "open source" project, eh?

When? Perhaps at the end of the summer when tempuratures begin to drop a bit and we're all full of stories about or riding season and looking for a fun way to start the end of our seasons.

#6 ·
Niagara Falls would definitely be a very nice ride for me.

Keep us posted. I'm sure a few of us from Montreal would find our way to Niagara (especially during wine season..)

#14 ·
I doubt there is much reason to make it multi-day, but really, there is nothing stopping people from organizing other plans apart from the main meet and greet.

I think the main thing is for us to find some land to use, figure out if we need permits to use it, figure out what the cover fee will be to cover permit costs and food/drink for the day, and that's it. It doesn't need to get complicated, for most of you, I think the trip down would be the best part, and I'm sure for many of you sightseeing will be on the to-do list regardless.

Keep the ideas coming.

#15 ·
If you guys decide on a location outside of Ontario someone in that area will have to do the coordination, I'm sure it doesn't make things any easier trying to plan an event outside of province let alone country. :)

#18 · (Edited)
kevbelz said:
I am a tremendous Hockey Fan, and have never been to the Hall of Fame.

You have got to go to the Hall of Fame. It rocks. We had a blast there.

Total Est. Time: 15 hours, 27 minutes Total Est. Distance: 955.38 miles :urowned

#19 ·
dparadis said:
I'm sure a few of us from Montreal would find our way to Niagara
Drachnyen said:
I am also from Montreal so its a short ride, no problem!
Funny, I work remote from home down here in coastal NH and the office where my boss works is in Montreal. I could probably work in a business trip to visit him, then "open jaw" my return via Niagra. So maybe we could ride out together.

Otherwise I might try to link up with seque00 if he's game.

End of summer date is great, I'll have a track day under my belt to gab about (and hopefully my bike will still be rideable afterwards!)

So far my summer is already more eventful than I'd prefer -- wrist surgery to remove a ganglion and the initial symptoms of carpal tunnel. :angry But to hell with it, I'm not going to let it keep me from a good ride.

Tentatively count me "in", and I'll confirm when the date is settled. :dblthumb

#21 ·
Feedback on how many riders we need confirmed to come for it to be worth it?

Also, I will set up a system where your "ticket" to pay for site fees (perhaps I can arrange for camping, rather than forcing the out of towners into more expensive arrangements if you think this is better), BBQ equipment rental/food, and whatever else we decide via PayPal ahead of time to keep the "sure I'll go!" no-shows to a minimum.

P.S. I updated the first post with information and I plan to keep editing the first post as more information solidifies so keep an eye on it.

#22 ·
ejworthen said:
I like the Niagara idea. Someplace I always wanted to visit.
I am willing to ride up there from here with you. Not that far from here. About 2 1/2 hours. But the Canada side is hard to get into with out a passport if they will even let you cross. New York side is an option.

#23 ·
dennisred69 said:
I am willing to ride up there from here with you. Not that far from here. About 2 1/2 hours. But the Canada side is hard to get into with out a passport if they will even let you cross. New York side is an option.
Sounds like a plan. Nothing definite for me yet though. Still have to see when and how much vacation I have by then.

#24 · (Edited)
When you said end of summer are we talking around September? I have no problem paying for a hotel but camping is good too. Depends on what everyone else is doing. When we have an idea of how many will be coming how about looking at reserving rooms at a hotel or spots at a campground.

#25 ·
Kneedragger said:
Funny, I work remote from home down here in coastal NH and the office where my boss works is in Montreal. I could probably work in a business trip to visit him, then "open jaw" my return via Niagra. So maybe we could ride out together.
Slightly off topic, but I just moved to Montana from NJ. I work remotely from Montana, and have four employees who work for me in NJ. I haven't seen them since Oct of 04. If my company didn't let me move to Montana, I would've attended in a heartbeat... (oh the choices we make :) .)

#26 ·
kevbelz said:
Slightly off topic, but I just moved to Montana from NJ. I work remotely from Montana, and have four employees who work for me in NJ. I haven't seen them since Oct of 04. If my company didn't let me move to Montana, I would've attended in a heartbeat... (oh the choices we make :) .)
Just out of curiosity, what the heck is in Montana? Must be quite a switch from the congested East Coast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.