Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of the title states, I have been possibly presented with an opportunity to purchase a newer bike that went down. Now it is going to have a salvage title on it, but it doesn't look like it has a lot of damage. Front wheel was bent, but rotors look fine. Plastics are scratched, and was told the subframe was tweaked. Now if I get it with a salvage title what is the process you have to go through to get it to be street legal? I mean what does the DMV or whoever look at? What are some things I should consider if I am going to do this.

·
Banned
46 Posts
it depends on where your @ dude

the canuck said:
Kind of the title states, I have been possibly presented with an opportunity to purchase a newer bike that went down. Now it is going to have a salvage title on it, but it doesn't look like it has a lot of damage. Front wheel was bent, but rotors look fine. Plastics are scratched, and was told the subframe was tweaked. Now if I get it with a salvage title what is the process you have to go through to get it to be street legal? I mean what does the DMV or whoever look at? What are some things I should consider if I am going to do this.
step 1
if your by a state border where you can get it done in another state if needed .. cool .. first thing first .. what kind of title are you getting please be sure..there are many,,explaem salvage title,salvage cert. , non-rebuildable title , rebiuldable title ..etc.. find out what kind off title it is and form what state have tha guy fax u a photo copy yo..

step 2
ok.. now tat i have yo attenion I been there befor.. i can finish n my own dialect.. next you want to call a local small dealer and ask them what do they do .. N this case. they can tell you right away if they have any sense about bikes by tha type of title u got if it can be done n that state... most staed have a guy from tha DMV come out by by appt. to inpect it, others reqiuer a check list that you can have any law officer vildate
for you.. then take it down there... ..

step 3
If tha dealer says noe N its clear it aint gona happen in your state ... skip step 3 n go right on too 4

step 4
repeat step 2 N 3 over again in tha next closest state...

repair that road rashed bike quick like n have fun. :beer
step 5

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
the canuck said:
Don't do it. The bike will be worthless if you ever get rid of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts