Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising the local ads and found this

2001 HONDA CBR, F4I, 2k miles, adult ridden, showroom condition, $5,000 firm

Seems good to me, what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
A little high for the year but it has low miles. If you have cash to throw at it see if he will move any. Now is the worst time to be looking for a bike. I bet he will get it from someone so he might not move.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
bad first bike

why is the ft tire painted and the rear not? usually they'll paint in pairs. so why replaced w/ only 2000mi

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
coulda burned up the rear doing burnouts........lol

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the local dealer told me it was too late in the season to find any used 500cc bikes, so i just cruise the cycletrader

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Delta said:
ya the local dealer told me it was too late in the season to find any used 500cc bikes, so i just cruise the cycletrader
is he the only dealer in ohio? he's full of shit.......bikes pop up all over the place.......

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Delta said:
Well that is bullshit. There are always some out there. I don't necesarly agree with Racer on all aspects of a beginner bike but I do agree if you have no experience dirt or otherwise that might not be the best choice. That was my first bike but I had countless hours of dirt experience with quads and bikes. I have never had a crash but know lots who have. If you operate other machines like a fuck-tard get something smaller.

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he was actually pretty cool, he was the only dealer to advised the MSF that i've spoken too so far.. of course he wanted me to buy a brand new 5k 500cc bike though... not happening... i'll just keep an eye out for used ones.. Im goin to take MSF in sept, once i figure out what im going to be doing with college.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
I think its a good deal. See if he will take 4800 cash or something. Never give them asking price if you dont have too :)

Milage is what is making that bike wanted thats for sure. If you got the money go for it

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I would try to see if you can get that to $4.4-4.6k. Be a little wary of the tire replacement at 2,000 miles. Could have been a nail or something, but i would ask the dealer to try and find out what he can. Could have been an abusive rider, especially in the critical first 1000 miles of engine break-in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Delta, where at in columbus? I have a dealer in Columbus I got my showroom 02 F4i last summer for $4800 inly 3800 mi

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nevrsumr22 said:
Well that is bullshit. There are always some out there. I don't necesarly agree with Racer on all aspects of a beginner bike but I do agree if you have no experience dirt or otherwise that might not be the best choice. That was my first bike but I had countless hours of dirt experience with quads and bikes. I have never had a crash but know lots who have. If you operate other machines like a fuck-tard get something smaller.
I got dirtbike experience...

Im not in columbus im near youngstown, 1hr south of cleveland. and thats not a dealers bike thats a private seller

1 - 13 of 13 Posts