Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple Q... aside from the wrong PSI how else would it get cupped?? Mine failed inspection due to this, and the tire only has like 1500 miles on it

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
never heard tires w/ that low a mileage.

do you brake hard constantly?

also suspesion setup?

what kinda bike?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
suspension not set up right,not being balanced,psi,Dunlops are known for cupping mine cupped once for no reason

·
Registered
954 Posts
For the not so bright ones of us, what's cupped?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Desp said:
For the not so bright ones of us, what's cupped?
this is when a tire is no longer smooth if you run your hand downthe tread it will be bumpy instead example:------ (smoth tread) ~~~ (cupped tread)

·
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a Dunlop tire w/ 2 track days on it, suspension is actually not very soft as it is set up for the track. Bike is a Gixxer 6

·
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bummed that I have to drop 100 bucks so soon

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Mantis said:
Its a Dunlop tire w/ 2 track days on it, suspension is actually not very soft as it is set up for the track. Bike is a Gixxer 6
I have the same prob with the dunlop even if evert thing is set up right it might be bike/tire combanation

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
dunnies SUCK big time and will cup fast.

Anyway,the above answers + the crown in the road.The road slopes from the center down to the edge.This is why it's the left side of the tire that's cupped.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Assuming you guys get the same tyres as I get over here ....

I used to run dunlops and always had the front one cupping after about 3000 km. I'm using bridgestone battleaxes now ... smoother, more grip, last longer & a better all round tyre.

Oh ... and the front dosen't get cupped anymore ...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Lawnmower Man said:
I'm using bridgestone battleaxes now ... smoother, more grip, last longer & a better all round tyre.

Oh ... and the front dosen't get cupped anymore ...
Which battlax? 020, 010, 014?

·
Registered
576 Posts
RACER X said:
never heard tires w/ that low a mileage.

do you brake hard constantly?

also suspesion setup?

what kinda bike?
In terms of suspension setup. what settings would cause this. I have bt 12 ss's and supposedly good at not cupping at the front, but after 7000km's they're cupping, where as the front should last longer than the rear ( usually 1-2 ) for road riding.

·
Registered
576 Posts
jlagss said:
my bt010's cupped big time. 208's werent as bad
yeah my 10's were also bad. they were notorious for it due to the tread pattern. the bt-12ss's had a better tread pattern, much like the 207's and 8's, but they're still cupping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts