Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of getting a Corbin seat to replace the brick Honda calls a seat and I was just wanting some opinions. Do you think it is worth the money?

·
Registered
34 Posts
got a Corbin gunfighter on my Bandit 1200 and it is outstanding. Firm enough to ride all day without burning your butt. I've heard some folks bitch that they are too hard but I'm 6' 230# and it works perfect for my fat ass. Anyway, if you buy it and it don't work for you just sell it. You might lose a little money in the deal but not much. :dblthumb

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have one on my F4. Its great and it came with the bike when I bought it. I didnt realize how good it was till sat on my friends F4 with a stock seat. What a difference it makes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Corbins website says the seats that are softer are worse since they don't give you support. Its explained more at http://www.corbin.com/faq.shtml under "Is the Corbin seat softer than my stock one?" What did you guys do as far as the customizing the seat? I know you can do different colors and textures.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had one on my 96' F3 and I loved it. In fact that was the first thing I got for my ZX-9R when I bought it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm starting to lean more toward Sargent now. I've been reading a lot of reviews on some of the defects in Corbin seats and how their customer service is awful.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
Love it. Best investment yet. The seat is firm and comfortable. I did have a fit problem so to speak. I had to install a couple of washers as spacers to allow the latch to catch. No big deal in my book though.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
My brackets for the screws weren't drilled properly, so i can only have one screw holding it in. Also, my bike pitches me forward so much that im always sitting on the front of the seat where there isn't much padding and my ass is always sitting on the hard outside part of the seat. It still manages to be better than my stock seat though. Stupid honda. I'd say it's worth it if you go on rides for longer than 30 mins.

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
Had the stock one for two years and just got the corbin about a month ago.

It's almost as "hard" as stock but the difference is the design. It actually is molded where your ass cheeks are actually on the seat rather then half off the sides. It is definetly a lot more comfortable then stock. I think it's worth the money.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
LUV MINE, rode to Hollister CA to have it installed.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Love mine as well. It's finish is perfect and so was the fit. The seat is molded more to my ass position. It was very firm at first but now the memory foam has softened a bit and is molded into my riding position in the seat area. Customer service was great when I ordered.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was thinking of getting this also. Any idea if any of the two companies have passenger seats as well? Also, I hear its not as easy to ride with one if you decide to go canyon carving or track riding. Something about the design makes it hard to hang off from side to side? I suppose you could just switch from one to the other...

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
The web sites will inform you if they offer passenger seats as well. Most are offered.

The Corbin does make hanging off more difficult. Solution - pop the stocker back on for track days and such.
The benefits far outweigh this one detraction.

Depending on your bike, the difference in comfort and control is considerable. I had one on my old 750.
Especially under hard braking, the Corbin would hold you in place and keep you from slamming up against the tank. :bitchslap
Ride all day comfort.

Never any complaints about fitment or construction. That seat is still being used eight years later by the new owner.
Good as new.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Squid Killer said:
Mine is hard as a rock but somehow is far better than the stock on my FZ1.

I borrowed a Corbin from a friend. My wife likes it better, especially the back rest. I can't stand the seat, it too hard and humped in the front/middle.

I have modified my stock seat though.....basically cut about an inch of foam out of the back and made the seat wider.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts