Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of outlooks on marriage I can hear about :dunno

I was married once. I made a mistake and did it at 19y.o. That didn't last for too long (3 years), but for other reasons :boid

Anyway, my view of it is that first of all marriage should not happen until 25 y.o. at the earliest, and kids shouldn't be in the picture till about 30y.o.

Reason: I'm too young to quit doing what I want, whenever I want. At 25-30 you can settle down. But as long as you don't have kids, you can still travel and go out together whenever. At about 30-35, you should've already partied your ass off and can confine yourself to home/job (making kids) for a couple of years until kids start going to school.

Am I wrong? Some girls at work say that I don't have a heart, that I'm just a robot that doesn't want to settle down....hmmm... So what?-I say.-I'm only 25. My life just began. I don't want to change dipers (sp... btw, it rhimes with Wipers :alky ) in my prime :headbang I was lucky enough to escape my marriage without having kids

Anyway, let's get a discussion going :flipa

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Honestly.....and not trying to sound like a prick thats judging you...cause I'm not, just calling it likeI see it based on what you've presented

It simply sounds like you're not mature enough to dive into a relationship....I.E. at this point all you'd do is f*#$ up somebodys life at this point because the ants in your pants wouldn't keep you grounded enough to be willing to settle down

Go have fun

Some people mature later than others.....some people NEVER mature

No big deal

it's not a BAD thing

It's just some people are different :dunno

I was married at 23 and had my first child at 25, but I was MORE than ready for it, and had resolved to "settle down" before I turned 21...just hadn't met the right gal to DO so with yet.

Different strokes man, soak it up while you can and think about settling when it's righ for YOU....otherwise you're just selling yourself short and gonna screw some chics life/dreams up who thinks she can change you

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh no, I wouldn't settle until I'm ready. I though I was ready when I got married origianlly, but after a while I'd look at her and think: Am I going to spend my whole life with HER? That scared the crap out of me, but I ALWAYS stayed loyal and faithful until... she got pregnanat while I was deployed to the desert.

Surprisingly to everyone, I didn't get upset. Something just clicked, and I realized that this is an EASY way out. Papers got filed next day. Adultery from her side made it extremely fast and painless for me... 4 months later I was free :)

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Ya know what, a lot of times it comes down to simply finding the right partner. I have to say, that my wife ROCKS, plain and simple. I got pretty lucky to find someone that I'm pretty compatible with and that still lets, me have some things my way. She actually would rather that I HAVE a bike than go without just because she knows how much I enjoy them. She doesn't mind me spending hours on the computer looking at sportbikes. She is actually encouraging me to take off alone with the guys to go up to Sturgis next month, even though she knows all were going to be doing is looking at bikes, tits, and ass. Plus there's a whold list of other things I could go on about that she does or lets me do. All she really wants or needs is the appropriate amount of time and attention spent with her and for me to help out with stuff around the house a bit.

We are soo much alike in that we are both pretty willing to comprimise to please the other, that most "disagreements" are settled peacefully and without much fuss or hastle at all. A lot of times couples fight and fight over little things that are basically insignificant, but one or both partners are too stubborn to bend a little or admit that they might be wrong, that things blow up and cause much unneeded stress.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Justin726 said:
Ya know what, a lot of times it comes down to simply finding the right partner. I have to say, that my wife ROCKS, plain and simple. I got pretty lucky to find someone that I'm pretty compatible with and that still lets, me have some things my way. She actually would rather that I HAVE a bike than go without just because she knows how much I enjoy them. She doesn't mind me spending hours on the computer looking at sportbikes. She is actually encouraging me to take off alone with the guys to go up to Sturgis next month, even though she knows all were going to be doing is looking at bikes, tits, and ass. Plus there's a whold list of other things I could go on about that she does or lets me do. All she really wants or needs is the appropriate amount of time and attention spent with her and for me to help out with stuff around the house a bit.

We are soo much alike in that we are both pretty willing to comprimise to please the other, that most "disagreements" are settled peacefully and without much fuss or hastle at all. A lot of times couples fight and fight over little things that are basically insignificant, but one or both partners are too stubborn to bend a little or admit that they might be wrong, that things blow up and cause much unneeded stress.
That's awesome! :)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Well, I was happily married. Too bad the old lady didn't tell me she wasn't before we spent thousands on new rings, a Las Vegas ceremony for our 7th anniversary, and care-free spending.
Funny how you can go through a wedding ceremony to -redo the vows, get all new shiny rings, start shopping for a house- all while she's on the phone with anyone who'll listen about how bad it is being married to me.
And f**king her college professor (who is old enough to be her father) is kind of a shock considering that NOT A WEEK EARLIER, we were house shopping and talking school districts for the youngin'.

So I guess I just suck. So far, I've been dumped for Jesus by a chick that was a slut when I met her. She called me the 'closest thing to the anti-christ I can think of" which I took as a compliment. That was 3 days after proposing and buying a ring. She accepted, only to dump me on my brother's wedding day because god doesn't like me. I also think she went lesbian. A catholic lesbian........
And now this chick with a college teacher old enough to be her dad.

I could deal if it was some younger guy, studly and not gimpy from bad knees. A rich guy showering her with diamonds. A celebrity that'll get her noticed.
But no. I'm dumped after 8 years and starting a family (4 year old girl) so she can flirt with geriatric theater teachers. THEATER fer f**ks sake!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
but I'm not bitter..............

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
I've been dumped for Jesus by a chick that was a slut when I met her.
SO THATS why :idea

Guess I need to start cutting you some slack then....shoot all this I thought you were just the spawn of satan and couldn't let anyone believe without harrassing the hell out of them

But I suppose it would make anyone hate people who believe in God if you were dumped for something you couldn't even see

·
Registered
649 Posts
Meeting the right woman will not make you settle down. The only thing that will make you ready for marriage is YOU. You make a conscience decision to grow up and put away childish habits and attitudes. It comes with many responsabilities, for both you and her.

I met my wife when I was 25, so my college partying days were over, and we married when I was 29, a year ago. We are very much two individuals, living together working toward a common goal. We support each others ventures, we are both professionals, and we both do not want children.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I'm just waiting to add Rsixxy to my list of former wives.........

Stop flirting with my future ex-wife!!!!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'll be honest and say I'm glad you're not making laws... not married until 25, no kids till you're 30?

Screw that!!! How are you supposed to have any sort of life once you have kids? Have them when you're older like you're thinking, and you're stuck with them until you're 50 and they move out... (if you're lucky)... How are you supposed to have fun AFTER RAISING kids and be an irresponsible adult once they're gone? You'll be too old then if you go by your rules...

Just kidding a bit on the above...

Here's my example: I was married at 18. My wife was 18 and got pregnant 3 months later... We're still married 15 years later... One child is 14, the other is 4. We're looking forward to the first one moving out on her own, and the second following soon after...

We'll still be young enough to have fun once both have moved out. I'm looking forward to not having to fight for the attention of my wife with the kids...

Marriage is great for us... Both of us have great examples though... Both of our parents have been married for 30+ years each... no divorce, no seperations...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Filip75 said:
I was wondering what kind of outlooks on marriage I can hear about :dunno

I was married once. I made a mistake and did it at 19y.o. That didn't last for too long (3 years), but for other reasons :boid

Anyway, my view of it is that first of all marriage should not happen until 25 y.o. at the earliest, and kids shouldn't be in the picture till about 30y.o.

Reason: I'm too young to quit doing what I want, whenever I want. At 25-30 you can settle down. But as long as you don't have kids, you can still travel and go out together whenever. At about 30-35, you should've already partied your ass off and can confine yourself to home/job (making kids) for a couple of years until kids start going to school.

Am I wrong? Some girls at work say that I don't have a heart, that I'm just a robot that doesn't want to settle down....hmmm... So what?-I say.-I'm only 25. My life just began. I don't want to change dipers (sp... btw, it rhimes with Wipers :alky ) in my prime :headbang I was lucky enough to escape my marriage without having kids

Anyway, let's get a discussion going :flipa

You have pretty much summed up my plan....

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
My parents had me a bit later than usual these days. Mid-30's.
My wife is from a southern 'breeder' family. Having her first kid in her mid-20's made her the oldest without a kid.
I said wait. You're young and beautiful, you like to go out. We enjoyed just taking off for the mountains on a whim. Party at will.

But she wanted a kid NOW! So had one we did.

Now at 27 she's bitching that she's never had that young adult life, the freedom and independance of youth. She spent her mid-20's changing diapers and now has almost no social life because 4 year olds don't share mommy well.
She is leaving me, but that kid ties her to the guy she wants to dump forever. She can't just find her dream bacholorette pad because she has to be near our kid's school.

Not that she resents our kid. She loves her alright. But now she is destroying an 8 year marriage basically so she can go try to grasp at that 'sex in the city' lifestyle of young people.
Rather like having a mid-life crisis at 27. She misses that freedom and independance now that it means wrecking a family to get it.

I lived HARD when I was in my 20's. Now I've mellowed (ever so slightly) I don't mind staying at home and reading a book to my daughter. I was just too self-absorbed back then. Just as the soon-to-be-ex is now.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Marriage is for the weak.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am going on 9 years of marriage and HAPPY! I don't think there is a magic age. You just need to be ready. You should not have to settle down or find someone to change the way you live. The right person will compliment you, not change you.

·
Registered
556 Posts
TK5028 said:
I don't think there is a magic age. You just need to be ready. You should not have to settle down or find someone to change the way you live. The right person will compliment you, not change you.

Yeah, what he said.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Haven't met the right person. If it happens it happens, if not I'm still having fun.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
TK5028 said:
I am going on 9 years of marriage and HAPPY! I don't think there is a magic age. You just need to be ready. You should not have to settle down or find someone to change the way you live. The right person will compliment you, not change you.

Bingo we have a winner!! Very well put TK5028..my philosophy to a T!! :headbang

Thing is it's hard to find that "right" person.......very hard!! One has to go through lots of "shiznet" to find the "one"!!

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Only been with one girl i could see myself with seriously, but as ideal I thought she was, I soon realized that I wasn't exactly what she was seeking. I don't plan on getting married right away if I even find the right girl right now, I think if she is right she'll have the same views as me and wait it out a bit. Besides I couldn't give her what she deserves now anyways, I have to set up my life before i complicate someone else's. lol.

Tom.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts